Wasting fuel

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Kangaroo

Wasting fuel

Post by Kangaroo »

I over filled my fuel for the first time today. I have a fuel tank, but it wasn't equipped.
It made me think though... I do NOT want email that my tank is full and I'm losing fuel, because that could go on for a long time if I wasn't online. But I would like some kind of information. SO... how about the status bar?
the status bar already has a fuel icon and the amount in the tank. Could you change the color for one of those to red if the tank is full? Or maybe, change the amount to -1 or 999,999,999,999,999?
pikolinianita

Re: Wasting fuel

Post by pikolinianita »

Like it.

If possible, color could be orange (for 90-99% full) and red (for 99-100%). Or Font Color change.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Meanwhile, Coops has just rolled his eyes, sighed and thought to himself...'why me?' hehehe
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Marcus wrote:Meanwhile, Coops has just rolled his eyes, sighed and thought to himself...'why me?' hehehe
probably, lol. But if not, I'd like to have colours for extremely low fuel levels too. say less than 300, or so. It is easy to spent all fuel while mining, and stuch with empty tank in the middle of asteroid field for half day :(

There were my suggestion about different pictures for damaged hull/armour. It was refused, but it could be realized by colour change (if possible without much effort, ofc :) ).
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

I have 350k fuel in my depot :D.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

XPLODE wrote:I have 350k fuel in my depot :D.
If you hear a 'hissing sound or smell gas' ; I'd say run like hell, but with that much its too late :lol:
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Coops wrote:
If you hear a 'hissing sound or smell gas' ; I'd say run like hell, but with that much its too late :lol:
i think by the time i hear a hissing sound with the amount of fuel in my depot, i would have long since asphyxiated... (1M fuel)
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

jcheung wrote:
Coops wrote:
i think by the time i hear a hissing sound with the amount of fuel in my depot, i would have long since asphyxiated... (1M fuel)
Now that would be quite the bang. :lol:
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

All good suggestions maties!
I am very envious of the amounts of fuel lying around.
Feel free to set up a sparky fuel charity LOL
I only have 23k in my depot, boo hoo, owo is me, can you hear the violins??? LOL!
1 million fuel is a very naughty fantasy of mine!
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

heh... i would be happy to sell you some fuel, as soon as coops decides he's heard enough of people asking to transfer fuel between people :P