Settlement morale

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Settlement morale

Post by Darakhoranon »

zoolii wrote:Nice....Buyed shield,some defense .....morale continue to fall.. 55 percent.... really I lose my settlement .I dont have time for game of late...:(
I don't really spend much time on my settlement, zoolii, and as I said, I'm not even remotely in danger of losing morale (in the long term). If you could give us your complete setup (all defenses, all other buildings, research levels), we might be able to detect the reason for your problems.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

zoolii wrote:Sorry for my english...

Little less time I play in last weeks... My settlement is not very good in combats, dont have shield and regeneration of armour is not enough (In future I do on it) ,sometimes I help with armour packs .
In last weeks morale dropped to 65-70 percent.
I have CAIC ,but every event is bad ,and I lose with every 5 percent morale every 2 day. With every winner combat increases 5 percent . This mean I not have chance increase my morale on settlement..!?
In addition, sometimes I get messages from settlement stuffs with another dropped morale 8 percent....
How to get back control on morale of settlement? Now it looks I lose this settlement?

Zoli
zoolii wrote:Nice....Buyed shield,some defense .....morale continue to fall.. 55 percent.... really I lose my settlement .I dont have time for game of late...:(
Morale at 55% is not an end of the world. If you remember, you started with only 60% so you arent far off from there...

Your problem is most likely drop of settlement morale due to too low settlement HP when a check runs. You get a message about settlement staff complaining about you not caring enough for their safety and as result morale suffers. It was introduced to force settlement owners investing into repair facilities. It was possible to have a high level settlement without a repair facility and suffer no ill effects.

Settlement shield is a good way to counter this. To see why it isnt working in your case, you should give us some numbers. Shield size and total settlement HP would be a good start and also how much of HP is left after the attack. Since attacks vary a bit in strength, post end HP for at least a couple of them. Strong settlement repair unit is also good, but if pirate attacks and settlement HP checks are close one after the other, it is powerless to do anything.

Edit: one quote ran away... :/
zoolii

Post by zoolii »

Ok...from beginning...
To the new events I dont have problem with my lvl5 settlement.
The biggest problem is ,these months I dont have time and credits to play .
My settlement was 250000 HP(when was repaired :) ) . I buyed 10 000 HP shield(dont have money for better) .
Researches : Defense on max ,repair efficiency lvl 5 ,defense training lvl 5.
I have settlement repair system lvl1 ,high speed seeker 2x,reaper missile 1x,tachyon beep accelerator 1x.

Every combat I won, but for example HP fall down from 201000 to 68000 . My repair system can not fix it . I have max 20 mill credits for investment ...
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

250,000 HP is probably your problem. So based on my experience below I recommend buying/borrowing/stealing a settlement repair facility.

If I remember the settlement start-up guides correctly, the strength and damage of pirate attacks is directly related to your settlement HP and I thought I had over done it with 20,000.

For the record my Lvl 5 settlement has:-
20,000 HP
A Settlement Repair system V3 (repairs 500 Per Cycle automatically)
Off Rating: 2,230
Def Rating: 2,000
Def Rating: 2,000 (Covered in dust)
Settlement EW (from Hoathlan not the better PM version.
No Shield (Yet)

Last combat: 2015-04-02 15:25:39
ST Shield: 0 ST HP: 20000 Offence: 2230 Defence: 2000 Ground: 500
END Shield: 0 END HP: 14299 Offence Crit + 40% Defence Crit + 40% Battle Readiness: 40%
Worse I have seen was END HP: 11699 about 4 attacks (or so) ago.

I will be increasing my hit points as the last thing before I go to lvl 6, by which time I will have added a shield and if I haven't upgraded the defences will have a set of lvl 6 kit to install.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

My settlement:

hp: 20k
shield: none
repair: v3
off rating: 400
def rating: 0
ground: 2100

= no problems ;-)

Since your repairer is obviously too weak (and keep in mind, if you exchange it for a better version, all your repair research will be lost - if I remember correctly), you should definitely try to get a better one as soon as possible - that's why I got a v3 as soon as possible and didn't "waste" SRP on repair research before installing it. I'd also suggest getting a couple of settlement armour packs (essentially "settlement EBKs") to boost the hp.

I've docked at Highland and activated my GEORDI 3 - I have tons of fuel and this should allow us to determine whether you'll "only" have to upgrade your repairer (and maybe use an armour pack now and then).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Squirt could tell a story here ... about morale and HP.
Zooli, where is your settlement? Possible some of us could park there and help repairing with those pods eating fuel.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Now that you provided more detailed info, it is easier to give a proper advice.

Your settlement repair capacity is way too low for a settlement with 250k base HP. When fully repaired, it will take around 170k combat damage. Attacks have a frequency of two days and repair kicks in every 15 min which gives you 192 repair rounds between attacks. That means a repair capacity of 900 damage repaired per tick. Level 1 repair facility with level 5 researched (if you see level 5 on your settlement research screen you only have level 4 researched) only repairs 450 per tick. Those are numbers if yo want to be on the safe side. You could probably get away with 800 repair per tick, but i cant say for sure.

You should invest in repair facility 3 immediately as its base repair of 500 is already more as your current with research included. First few levels in research are very cheap thus you should get them without a problem, boosting it to around 700 per tick. If you can research it to level 6 or higher, it will probably be enough for your case as you have a small shield already. If you cant, you will have to compensate the lack of it with additional shield. In essence, weaker your repair capacity, larger shield you need. It works great to avoid the last couple of research levels in settlement repair thus saving a nice chunk of SRPs for something else.

Repairing HP with armour packs or SCOTTY pods i consider as emergency measures and thus should be avoided if possible. Especially armour packs, those you should use only at a gun point and even then i would probably opt to take a bullet instead...

Ask your guild or friends to get you a loan for repair facility 3 and borrow another shield if you lack SRPs to permanently fix this problem. If you have no luck in the next few days, send me a line.
zoolii

Post by zoolii »

I borrowed repair facility 3 ,researched repair efficienty to lvl5, repaired sett to 200 000 HP with armour packs. The rest remains to be seen...
Thank you to everyone , This community is really good :)
Zoli
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

If all else fails, Zoolii, I'll buy the damn thing from you - 500,000,000 credits, as is, where is.

We just won't tell Coops, ok? ;D
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
zoolii

Post by zoolii »

Hmmm bad event - 6 % ,win battle +5% ,bad event -5% ..... settlement morale 42% ....