Oxygen Re-Use POD

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Shane747
CE Official Supporter

Oxygen Re-Use POD

Post by Shane747 »

I expect that some, or even a lot of players have many 50 Oxygens laying about in their holds. How about we ask for a POD whereby we put in 4x50 Oxygens and we get back 1x150 Oxygen? It could work for the 70's too, 3x70 Oxygens in and 1x150 oxygen back. However i would use such a POD for 50's. For any serious Derelicter they are really a waste of time. I'm not good with names so Oxygen Re-Use POD is not set in concrete!
It could be PM or CE Store or both.

Shane
pikolinianita

Re: Oxygen Re-Use POD

Post by pikolinianita »

I like it :)
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

... apparently I am not a serious Derelicter. :(

Eh, it's not something I would ever use (I'm perfectly happy with using the 50's and would absolutely not go for a trade that lost so much total oxygen) but the idea is fine and I see no reason why it shouldn't be implemented. I'd throw my support behind such a thing existing.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

I think Rexx O2 should have a +1 "Buzz" Bonus Image

Conversely, I think Fang O2 should have a -1 "Buzz-Kill" debuff Image

.......and I do like the Shane747's idea :mrgreen: ....Re-Use Pod is the wrong term, tho: what you describe is an "O2 Consolidation Pod" 8-)
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

What happens when you mix oxygen with different bonuses?
Or a Cherry Rexx with a Halloween Pumpkin? Rexxoleen?
Then I infuse my level 3 archaeology tool with the result and <boom><smoke>
...oh dear, I just had one of those random event accidents. I was having fun until my AI distracted me.
Oh well, a new piece of salvage and I need to build a new tool.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Shane747
CE Official Supporter

Post by Shane747 »

Rexx Shredd,
I could live with the name "O2 Cosolidation Pod", however, how about "O2 Conversion Pod" particularly as a conversion takes place??

Shane
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Pablem wrote:What happens when you mix oxygen with different bonuses?
Or a Cherry Rexx with a Halloween Pumpkin? Rexxoleen?
Simple. It's not possible - you can "fuse" x bottles OF THE SAME TYPE into a single larger one (with a certain loss of total oxygen), but you CAN'T mix different types and see what happens (your A.I. stops you from doing so with a suitably snarky comment).

I'd also "officially" restrict this to 50 and 70 bottles (i.e. another snarky "You can't do that, stupid!" message from your A.I. if you try to fuse 150 bottles).

Obviously, I'm also in favour of this idea - you "need" a large oxygen bottle to actually explore a larger derelict (i.e. read the story behind it). If you don't care about that (or have already seen all kinds of derelicts), you could simply use up the small bottles, but you'd have the OPTION to exchange them for larger ones (at a price).
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

I like the basic idea, the other solution to banning mixing different 'flavours' is that the resulting brew is slightly unpleasant so you loose one health for every unit of O2 used.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Deathsgate

Post by Deathsgate »

what about a Sett based contraption to recombine O2 Bottles ?

it could hold as many as you feed it and spit out the larger size from a list of available choices from what was pre-fed to it

example : you have fed it with 5 of Type A, 6 of Type B and 2 of Type C, all size 50 -- when you check to see what is available, it will show you that you have 1 Type A and 1 Type B and 0 Type C ready for use -- as you add more 50s, it keeps the tally of available ones current, doing the conversion when it has 4 of a kind to convert, based on the Bonus / Flavor

do the same for 70s with a different Conversion Ratio set up internally -- output would ONLY be the 150s, retaining the bonus of what was fed to it to get that Bottle produced

just a thought :)
DG
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

How about allowing us to remove a used oxygen bottle and combine it with others . I.E. I remove 1 with 17 Oxygen left and in a CE store item or a tough crafted item you can re-use the oxygen bottles combining them into a larger one