New Images

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
SpaceBucks

New Images

Post by SpaceBucks »

I was hoping others folks could sound off on this.

I am having trouble seeing some of the new images. Specifically all the space stations, fuel depots and asteroid field images. The planets are fine.
They seem good on a large screen in the evening, but the dark on dark images are not visible in bright light or on small screens (tablet sized.)
Please don't make fun of me for not being able to see stuff if you can, it is actually my seeing eye dog that is complaining. :roll:

All kidding aside, this issue is more than a learning curve. I cannot see many of the new images in bright sun light. I am sure they would be visible if they could be outlined in white, or lightened or colored brightly overall.
Last edited by SpaceBucks on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Re: New Images

Post by aRJay »

The asteroids I find clear enough, but the stations, fuel depots and refineries are a tad too dark. It's not that I can't see them, though when the daylight is too bright it is very tricky, it is more that I think it is a shame that the detail in them is so obscured. I would suggest that the brightness and contrast on the stations, fuel depots and refineries should be raised slightly.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

in addition to above, i would also like to see fuel depots gain some sort of identifying feature... hard to tell depots and stations apart at a glance
Morgyrum

Post by Morgyrum »

I agree totally...also I wish to see the labels returned to the planets and stations. I know you can mouse over or tap them but on the Ipad you must keep tapping them to see what they are and you end up having to deny docking over and over. If the labels are returned you can easily go where you want.....
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

I find that recalibrating the gamma on my laptop brings them into focus. And sometimes my laptop remembers that the day. But I usually have to do this once/day.
On Windows..Control Panel->Hardware and Sound-> Display -> Calibrate Color.
You can skip the other calibrations, but you need to do the gamma which is the second calibration performed.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

Morgyrum wrote:I agree totally...also I wish to see the labels returned to the planets and stations. I know you can mouse over or tap them but on the Ipad you must keep tapping them to see what they are and you end up having to deny docking over and over. If the labels are returned you can easily go where you want.....
you can use the little itty bitty arrows off to the right hand side (zoom in :lol:) they're located to the left of the planetary body's name. the thing is a bit small if you ask me, but whatever..........
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

There could be small icons around Refineries and fuel depots, like with AI occupied planets or Pleyer Settlements. I don't know how would that looks like, though :)
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

I have troubles with the images only on not supported devices. There i use the small arrows, and they work prefect. I do not know when i dock on the Enterprise like stations, but hey.