Inside the Cockpit part II

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Inside the Cockpit part II

Post by Gus Givens »

by Mike Fingal on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:48 am

Hi Viewers, I'm Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the galaxies right here, right now. We will shortly be bringing you all the news from V-P and the local elections, but first, we return to Ayrkuhl and his 'Inside the Cockpit' extravaganza. Over to you Ayrkuhl.

Thank you Mike. Well, in the first episode of "Inside the Cockpit" we got to have a chat with the man Himself Scott Killane. But what makes a real winner? One man cant do everything, so who works behind the scenes, who are the people that we don't often get to meet?

This is Arthur Yaw, he is Scott's Chief Mechanic. He brings a wealth of experience to the crew and Scott told me personally that he sees Arty almost as a father figure.
So Arty.....can I call you Arty?

Sure, If I can call you Ayr!

Sure thing. So Arty, Scott says you are like a father to him, losing both his parents at a young age obviously left a huge void in his life. Would you say the relationship is mutual?

Absolutely 100%. I've been working with Scott now for the last 10 years and I've seen him grow from an arrogant, cocky and brash teenager into a mature, focussed and disciplined young man. I'd like to think that I played a big part in that process.

You say "young man", sometimes it is hard to remember he is only 26 years old, bursting onto the scene at such a young age and making an impact the way he did, how did you make sure his ego didn't inflate out of control?

Scott is very determined, it wasn't really that difficult. Once he had that first WWWC under his belt, especially at such a young age, you may think it would be hard to motivate himself onwards. But the guy wants more, and I keep his feet on the ground by making sure he doesn't get distracted by anything that could get to him.

So, not only are you his chief mechanic, but also his race day coordinator, what does that exactly mean?

Well, on race day I just make sure everything goes to plan. Scott likes to remain focussed, and that can be hard if things are going wrong in the pitlane, my main job is to make sure they don't go wrong.

Thank you Arty. And now, if we're quick, we may be able to get a word from Lindsay. Just a quick question for yourself Lindsay, Any clues as to what you're working on presently?

Hi Ayr, yes, we do have something on the drawing board, but I'm afraid I cant discuss it at present. The cloak took most of our time recently, but now that Betrand has got that working pretty seamlessly, it is onto the next thing.......watch this space ;)

So there we go folks, a bit more behind the scenes from the people who make it happen.

On the next episode of Inside the Cockpit, we will go inside Scott's multi-million credit mansion that sits overlooking the gorgeous Mesa Blanca desert resort.

Thanks for listening, Ayrkuhl out.

Wow, thanks for that Ayrkuhl. Keep watching viewers, this just gets better and better. And now over to V-P, were local elections are causing a bit of a furore.