Genesis - The Next stage

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Genesis - The Next stage

Post by Coops »

OK so I thought it was perhaps time to fill you in 'a little' on what's in store and also to quash a few rumours that always exist at a time like this. I can't give you the full story line but I will give away a few things that some of you may have already figured out, or not as the case may be. :)

Sankarea Stage 2 Complete
First off a Massive congrats to ALL of YOU. first clearing the initial collection stage of the 1st Genesis Planet (that was a massive effort on your part) and secondly for completing the exploration stage.

In case you missed it Captain Sukayo cleared the last bit required at 16:40:54 06-24-13 (Game Time). But there were around 100 of you that took part in uncovering and exploring the planet.

What Now?
Well the Galactic Survey Department has to compile and complete the plot reports for Sankarea in preparation for the final opening of Planetary Deployments. At this time the G.S.D have updated their expected release date to be Monday Morning.

At that time they will open a Genesis Land Management Office on Sankarea. This will allow those with Genesis Points to begin their journey as Genesis Deployment Owners.

What's the Genesis Deployment all About Coops?
Well, short term the Coalition are hoping you guys (& Ladies) are going to help them with the A.I issue. At the moment they have simply popped out in a dozen or more systems, made themselves a nuisance and grabbed a few planets.

The coalition has lost many thousands of combat vessels and tens of thousands of ground troops trying to take these locations back. They know it is a war that they cant win unless something changes.

Now I have it on good authority that those pesky A.I have been monitoring how we do things and also dissecting enough of us to know how we tick. This is bad news on many fronts and we (you and I) can expect to see a vast insurgence in A.I activity. I wouldn't be surprised if they start annexing off whole systems. God forbid they get a real foothold anywhere.

So the coalition were more than happy to back the Genesis Project. They formed an unofficial alliance with the Naristro and both sides boffins have been hard at work. The outcome is to give humanity a fighting chance against the A.I using their own tech and ideas against them.

The Genesis Deployments will enable you to end craft some amazing items for use against the A.I and god willing we will all come out the other end in one piece the Aurora Manufacturing centre will prove a great boon to its owner in months and years to come.

Reward VS Cost
I would how ever like to point out that the Genesis System was added for functional and practical purposes. No one will get rich over night using one or owning one. In the long run they will prove a great boon but up front I'm telling you no ones getting rich from these developments.

It is my hope that we can entice you the players with 'other rewards' that to some of you are worth more than credits. I'll even offer to put clothes on Rexx ;)

Long Term
The Aurora building adds a new novel way for us to add items to the game that does not drain the games markets every time we add a new XYZ. Initially yes there are costs involved for the initial buildings and then there is the time management and many decisions you will need to make along the way. but long term the Aurora is here to stay.

Coalition War Map
There are rumours that the Coalition is going to give captains access to their A.I War map. This isn't likely to happen over night and I would expect them to limit this to those that take part in helping fund the war effort. But it will give you an opportunity to get an overview to the War as it progresses and give you the opportunity to deploy units of your own.

Well I hear footsteps and I've probably said too much already, you know how strict those staff can be :)

Happy Hunting Folks

Coops, Jun 28, 2013
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!