Combat Loot Tracking

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Combat Loot Tracking

Post by Coops »

When we first started Core-Exiles We had around 500 ships in the Enemy Ships Database and around 60 loot items. As time grew, so did the Enemy table and the loot items. We are now up to just over 8K of unique ships and 440 lootable combat loots.

So when a new player says to us, 'what should I kill to find XYZ resource' ? It's not an easy answer. Sure, I can go off on a tangent and explain that all the ships are grouped within 22 loot groups and that a matrix exists that splits the 440 lootable items between the 22 groups... but that doesn't help.

So it struck me the other day, what if we populated a database with actual real world loot results. Well 2 days ago that started being populated with combat loots. I needed to build the back end that monitors your kill loots (tracked against specific unique ship ID#s) and then create the front end to display this data.

But, now when you do a scan and see the list of enemy ships to attack, you can use the 'View' button to see the tracked loot thats been found on THAT specific ship in the past.

Of course the data is a little 'new' but over time the more players kill the more data will be created and tracked. It is also tracking some extra data like 'Times seen' as loot, that way over time you'll get a better feeling for what's a common loot on that ship and what's mega rare.

Give it a go, scan for some ships and hit the 'View Button'...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!