I'm seeing all of these submit buttons in certain areas of the game

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
karate

I'm seeing all of these submit buttons in certain areas of the game

Post by karate »

Hello there everyone, I'm seeing all of these submit buttons in different parts of the game now. For example, in my corporation in order to get a list of all of the contracts that I can send my captains on, I now have to press a submit button down at the bottom of the page where the view contracts section is. Also, after I've undocked from some planet or starbase or where ever, I now see submit buttons mixed in with the different destinations that I can go now. This didn't start happening until fairly recently, as in a few days ago. I'm just curious as to what the heck's going on here. I've never seen this before and I'm hoping that my computer hasn't become infect with some sort of malware or something. By the way, I'm using a laptop running windows 11 with Jaws for windows as my screen reader of choice and google chrome as my browser. I hope that helps. Let me know if you folks can come up with any sorts of ideas. I'd even be willing to try a remote session with someone who has the patients to do something like that so I can show them what's going on and you can see it for yourself. Have a great day to you all and I look forward to hearing any thoughts on this matter.
karate

Re: I'm seeing all of these submit buttons in certain areas of the game

Post by karate »

Hello again everyone. I've even tried the game in a different browser, Microsoft edge, and even with using Nvda as an alternative screen reader with the same results. I'm seeing submit buttons. I think my next stop should be to call my local computer store and have them do a remote session with me to see if I'm infected with any sort of malware. I'll keep you posted as to my progress since it's safe to say that none of you have any ideas as to what's going on here.
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Not just you, I see the same thing. Coops must have made a change. All those submit buttons where you see your destinations previously said something like planet or star. Either Coops, or a JAWS or chrome update changed something. That is the problem when you have 3 different components that can change. You don't need anyone to look at it for you though.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I asked Karate to post here, as the pages he listed I have not changed in any way. Hence, I've drawn a blank...

He listed many pages that have not seen an update in over a year, so def not a change we have made here. I'm happy to try making some change based on changes but strange its only just started and on pages that have not seen a CE dev magic wand in a while.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Any further feedback on this guys.. I spent some time comparing the last update to the Navigation page to the current one, and there were no edits to how the buttons / clickable images were handled. It was a minor change, and it was made around 8 months ago, to do with AI reporting on systems where Nebula appeared.

In the opening report you stated (Karate) that after undocking from 'some' planets / star bases you have extra submit buttons. Does this mean its intermittent and dependent on where you undocked from?

At a complete loss why the Corp pages would start playing up last edit to them was October 2022.

The more 'exact info' I get, the more I can try to narrow down what might be happening.

Alternatively, if any VI players are reading this and don't have these issues, can you please take a moment to post and state your Screen Reader and browser of choice.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

For me I think it happens on every system screen. The button elements that used to show as something like star or planet (can't remember), now all say submit. As they were never active buttons I never worried too much about the change. As there have been no changes at your end, that only leaves Screen reader or browser changes.

Karate could try some troubleshooting to isolate it. Try a different browser, probably firefox as edge is chrome based and likely to render the same result. As far as the screen reader, check JAWS for updates, if you have the SMA, the new major version comes out this month, so try with that. Try with something else like NVDA to see if it gives the same result.

It doesn't worry me too much, as ultimately it doesn't change how I use things, and so can't be bothered to look into it too deeply, but if you want to isolate where the change has happened, that is your best bet.