Have Your Say...

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Re: Have Your Say...

Post by alumoi »

Hand Solo wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:39 pm Great idea.
How about having the 2 new slots as 'miscellaneous' in that you can put whatever you like into them.
Hand Solo
THIS!!!
Booster Terrik

Post by Booster Terrik »

Overall, I like the idea of the two new slots being miscellaneous/wildcard. That would allow captains the most flexibility to tailor their ship loadout to whatever they happen to be doing at the moment.
However, I have no idea what kind of coding nightmare that might create, so the second option would be to make the two new slots energy and expander. That would give lower level captains the opportunity to complete more missions and carry more cargo which would help them earn more credits faster and give us higher level captains the option of hauling cargo and passengers or more cargo.
The Wolf
CE Staff (Senior)
CE Staff (Senior)

Post by The Wolf »

As a player, I would say it would be nice to have them wildcard, however, as a staff member I would say that we would seriously need to look at the balance of the game by doing that (This could potentially mean a player can equip 3 cargo expanders).

By far the easiest would be to go for a system and reactor slot, however, I do believe with the right controls in place, cargo could also be a possibility for one of the slots, ie. One cargo slot can be used for a cargo expander, while the other is for passengers. Again if both would be allowed to be used for pure cargo, it would create a massive imbalance in the game and hauling would become the only option again to make credits. While 2 cargo slots sound ideal for newer players, once a player gets to a certain level, allowing the ability to add 2 cargo expanders would mean they could easily add another 1500-2000 cargo to their ship.
Owner and creator of the Core-Exile fan site Project Eagle

My Settlements:
  • Triskelion (Located in Ferra, the Sphere)
  • Lighthouse (Located in Dashan, Furnace)
Starbase:
  • Starbase Archon-2 (TT) (Located in Cole, Furnace)
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

i rather go with 2 misc slot that captains can choose as per there likeing or 1 reactor slot and one misc slot which we can put shield or expander or any system depending what we have to do .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
paco1601

Post by paco1601 »

according to me 1 slot for shield or expander and 1 slot for system give many chances
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

We can draw this one to a close, I have made my choice and the staff have been testing the code work done over the last few days over on Dev. I will post once this one goes live.

Thank you for taking part in this and whilst my choice may not meet everyone's 'selection' it is balanced against players wishes and what also makes sense in terms of game viability and balance.

Sadly the idea of a 'what ever' type slot is and was unviable, simply a mass / mess of code that would have never really worked and enabled players to grossly overpower a ship in what ever direction they choose.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!