Suggest Something New...

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Patience

Re: Suggest Something New...

Post by Patience »

Really like the dilemma posed by choosing one of the two RAID resources and was wondering if that could be extended to give us a choice between common, uncommon & adding rare resources - say 30 plasteel, 10 terovite gas and now adding say 2-3 alien interface or something similar :D

Alternatively, is it possible to have a refresh on the resources offered, as I cannot recall this ever being updated while I have been salvaging RAIDs :|
If you gotta go, make sure you GO BIG !!!!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

/me scribbles notes on his less than clean handkerchief.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Marhsan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Marhsan »

CE Memorial Wall in Feris: A way to remember those players who have passed away and those who have made significant contributions but are no longer active

Commercial/Industrial Boost: A boost to extraction rate/factory production/mall selling price for Commercial/Industrial setts. Feels like it is underpowered/underpowered compared to the other 2 specialties

Additional kinds of Discriminators: Like the salvage one, but for other kinds of loots; salvage, etc

New pets: things like xenomorph to increase combat damage in derelicts, astromech drone to reduce fuel consumption

Remote access: For shake and bake stuff, Marvin Implants, Commercial manufacturing, Emporium, set up like Extractor, so you can see where X is

Conversion of regular to Expanse Big Bertha: someone already brought this up before so adding my +1 on it

Alien contracts for Corp: Sort of like an extension of Valoren. You do alien combat, hauling, passenger etc for corp and you get talas and Alien stuff

Alien manufacturing/extraction building for Expanse setts: building that generate alien resources similar to the Bio and Liquid ones for regular setts

Special ore/gemstone refineries: uses a lot of ore to generate gemstonesz etc.

Gas harvesting rig: an addon or new type of mining barge, harvests gas/nebula dust etc

Expanded mining barge mining range: allows the ability to mine metals, gemstone, special ore

Battle barge: Coalition deploys one of these to a system with AI and the players "feed" with appropriate resources like armor plating, ammo, etc

Currency exchange: concerts credits to Talas and vice versa

Points converter: converts one type, like manufacturing, into anothe, like research or AI fragment

More/Improved items for corp ships in corp manufacturing: the current items need to be boosted/reworked as player hand me downs are currently better

Corp ship pods: says they are coming soon

Salvage towing: tow wrecks to a sett with salvage yard. Think car chop shop, but for spaceships

Multi drone Expanse surveying: Ability to deploy multiple drones at once, the tradeoff is results are not instant.

Improved scanners: more powerful ones for salvage, mining

Overcharger: system to overcharge combat/mining/salvage weapon for better damage/results

More pods for reward program: pods that specialize,focused on certain ship stats like speed or cargo space or on certain jobs like hauling or combat. also a way to customize/build your own, in a similar way to implants or pimped ships
Marhsan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Marhsan »

PS
UI tweak for BOB blueprints: update the table with a column for their primary use (damage for weapons, cargo capacity for expanders,etc)
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Bertha exchange. If you have made plenty of store purchases over the years, you likely have an over abundance of bertha extractors. You can only use a maximum of 8 however, meaning once you reach that threshold, they are subsequently redundant as a reward. An addition to the festive store, similar as with the CES extractor for Bertha scheme, sees you trade 2 bertha extractors for 1 expanse bertha. This rewards those who contribute financially by letting them make use of an otherwise superfluous reward.
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Life on settlements is hard, you are the subject of constant raids from pirate factions. On the plus side, at least if you fend them off, you get a little bit of loot falling to the surface. However this only represents a fraction of the loot generated from settlement attacks. The majority of the resulting debris zips around low orbit like so much missile like flotsam and jetsam. In the interests of safety, and let's face it, good old fashioned greed, we have developed the Orbital debris cleaning system. This deployable settlement structure utilizes tractor beam technology to retrieve the results of all those conflicts from orbit, sorting , recycling it, and ultimately providing it to the commercial store for use. The amount and quality of the resources retrieved is dependant on the research level obtained.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Marhsan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:39 am CE Memorial Wall in Feris: A way to remember those players who have passed away and those who have made significant contributions but are no longer active

Commercial/Industrial Boost: A boost to extraction rate/factory production/mall selling price for Commercial/Industrial setts. Feels like it is underpowered/underpowered compared to the other 2 specialties

Additional kinds of Discriminators: Like the salvage one, but for other kinds of loots; salvage, etc

New pets: things like xenomorph to increase combat damage in derelicts, astromech drone to reduce fuel consumption

Remote access: For shake and bake stuff, Marvin Implants, Commercial manufacturing, Emporium, set up like Extractor, so you can see where X is

Conversion of regular to Expanse Big Bertha: someone already brought this up before so adding my +1 on it

Alien contracts for Corp: Sort of like an extension of Valoren. You do alien combat, hauling, passenger etc for corp and you get talas and Alien stuff

Alien manufacturing/extraction building for Expanse setts: building that generate alien resources similar to the Bio and Liquid ones for regular setts

Special ore/gemstone refineries: uses a lot of ore to generate gemstonesz etc.

Gas harvesting rig: an addon or new type of mining barge, harvests gas/nebula dust etc

Expanded mining barge mining range: allows the ability to mine metals, gemstone, special ore

Battle barge: Coalition deploys one of these to a system with AI and the players "feed" with appropriate resources like armor plating, ammo, etc

Currency exchange: concerts credits to Talas and vice versa

Points converter: converts one type, like manufacturing, into anothe, like research or AI fragment

More/Improved items for corp ships in corp manufacturing: the current items need to be boosted/reworked as player hand me downs are currently better

Corp ship pods: says they are coming soon

Salvage towing: tow wrecks to a sett with salvage yard. Think car chop shop, but for spaceships

Multi drone Expanse surveying: Ability to deploy multiple drones at once, the tradeoff is results are not instant.

Improved scanners: more powerful ones for salvage, mining

Overcharger: system to overcharge combat/mining/salvage weapon for better damage/results

More pods for reward program: pods that specialize,focused on certain ship stats like speed or cargo space or on certain jobs like hauling or combat. also a way to customize/build your own, in a similar way to implants or pimped ships
LOL - nothing like a years worth of work there @marhsan lol. Some interesting suggestions there. I will ruffle through them and see what sticks.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

blackbeard wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:37 pm Life on settlements is hard, you are the subject of constant raids from pirate factions. On the plus side, at least if you fend them off, you get a little bit of loot falling to the surface. However this only represents a fraction of the loot generated from settlement attacks. The majority of the resulting debris zips around low orbit like so much missile like flotsam and jetsam. In the interests of safety, and let's face it, good old fashioned greed, we have developed the Orbital debris cleaning system. This deployable settlement structure utilizes tractor beam technology to retrieve the results of all those conflicts from orbit, sorting , recycling it, and ultimately providing it to the commercial store for use. The amount and quality of the resources retrieved is dependant on the research level obtained.
I like this one, interesting, anyone else feel the need to build and install a O.D.C.S (Orbital debris cleaning system) ?
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Looking at the above large list of suggestions, there are a few that stand out for me.

The currency exchange has come up before and remains something that will be really useful.

Expanse exploration is beyond tedious, especially for a blind user. I have reached a point where I just don't think I will bother, which is unfortunate because access to some schematics are buried deeper in the expanse than I can reach. I like the idea deploying multiple and having the process automate. You can set a time per scan, so the process is still a lengthy one, it just cuts down on the absolute tedium of the task. Maybe it consumes 1 drone per 10 minutes. That is obviously below the 200 per day limit, and maybe that is the trade off, you can do it manually to get more done, or automate it, which scans less, but is actually user friendly. Imagine if you had to run mining drones, barges extractors in a similar way as exploring the expanse.

I like the idea of an nebular barge. The barge is great, set and forget, and go again when you get the notification it is finished. Harvesters are a pain, and surely it wouldn't be too hard to apply the same system for the standard barge to a new version.

Finally, salvage. I love the shipyard, though I buy perfectly good ships and scrap them to get resources. Much in the vein of a barge, I would like to have a salvage tug, which tows wrecks back to a settlement, and you can then salvage them in the shipyard. Time and resources based on tonnage as it is currently. A tug would be slow and use a lot of fuel, so that is your limiting factor in it being too OP, fuel costs and time.
blackbeard

Post by blackbeard »

Just a quick one. It occurs to me that while there are many options for the new halo pods, there isn't a combat loot maximizer. Would be nice to see that added. While we are at it, and with a push to make salvage relevant with the changes, isn't it overdue to have a range of salvage booster pods? some engineered, with a halo option to top it off.