Battleship Blues?

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gabby Newsome
CE ISN Reporter

Battleship Blues?

Post by Gabby Newsome »

Hello fellow Spacefarers! It’s Gabby Newsome with the news you can use.

The Military does something right?

Yes really folks, the military, instead of putting up a bid and granting a contract to the “lowest” bidder; and we all know that runs into delays and cost overruns, the military is relying largely on individual Captains and Guilds to not only build the battleships, but support them with spare parts, repairs and, if my source is to be believed, fuels.

So far the authorities have released a number of factories (or provided the appropriate schematics to existing facilities) for the production of certain components. That is 26 factory types in the hands of anyone who has the resources and can rent a Gleso factory slot. You don’t even have to own a settlement.
These factories need raw resources and these are being open sourced on the GBM.

The Genesis plots, which have been instrumental in battling the A.I. here in the sphere have had the addition of six new production modules each capable of producing four different modules.

Finally Corporations are taking part by converting the existing manufacturing buildings to manufacture battleship modules as well.

The Starbases will be the final part of the puzzle. The actual construction of the battleships will take place in the yet to be revealed Starbase Shipyard.

This broad diversification of required modules will mean that temporary interruption to any portion of the project, won’t hold up the entire production chain. And that is what is meant by the military doing something right.

The entire sphere collective can be part of the war against the A.I. and the return to the Core!

This is Gabby Newsome, signing off.
Star Field Reporter - ISN NEWS