Ship Crew... Level Cap Increase?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Yokose

Ship Crew... Level Cap Increase?

Post by Yokose »

So I’ve got another suggestion for everyone. Like me, I am sure that most of you have some ship crew running around doing missions. It seems that the rewards you get cap out at level8 when they complete missions. My suggestion is to raise that limit to a higher level. 5 of my 6 crew are already at level 12 and could probably train to level 13… but I’m still getting rewards as though those crew are at level 8, hence the suggestion.

An addition to this suggestion is when your crew reaches every 10th level the number of misc item rewards increase by 1. So from level 1~9 each crew gets the usual 1 misc item for a successful mission completed, level 10~19 will get you 2 misc items, level 20~29 will get you 3 misc items and so on.

What do you all think of this suggestion? Please have a great day, and have fun playing!

Captain, Yokose
paco1601

Re: Ship Crew... Level Cap Increase?

Post by paco1601 »

interesting
+1
Lutes
CE Official Supporter
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK (from Belfast originally)

Post by Lutes »

I like your suggestion :)
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Interesting proposal. Need to whip my crew levels up.
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Adds to Blackboard... (Whiteboard is full!)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Been looking into this one...

I did some testing with a level 2 Crew member and a level 30 one.

Level 2 Returns with : I brought back 16,506 credits and also managed to accrue 375 crew points.
Level 30 Returns with : I brought back 155,248 credits and also managed to accrue 920 crew points.

On the surface, this would seem to be scaling the rewards up with the Crew member's level.

It is true that after level 8 the 'costs' do not increase, but the rewards already scale base don the crew member and the success. If you want me to scale the fuel and credits, I can do that, but not sure if that would be popular.

Coops

P.S also for background balance, some of the mid-level 20 to high 20's crew have earned over 900 Mill (EACH) for their captains over the time working for them.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Yokose

Post by Yokose »

I see. Your testing was with a level 2 and 31 crew? Question, are the results similar if you did it with a level 8 crew. I think what I am trying to say is that I am getting the same results with a level 8 crew as you are getting with your level 31 crew. The point is that there is no reason to level beyond level 8 as the rewards are pretty even regardless of what level you are at past level 8. There is also training that takes at my level around a month to complete, and as I train my crew more, that time increases by 3 days every level. As I said in my original post... my crew are level 12, and the rewards they are getting at level 12 are the same as though they are still at level 8... what I am saying is that once a ship crew reaches level 8, the benefits do not scale past that level, so there is no reason for someone to go beyond level 8. At level 31 based on what crew got from levels 1~8, your crew should be getting more then what you got. 3000 crew points at least and maybe 250~350k in credits... that is at level 31 of course... though your crew will take around 3 months to train from level 31 to 32 as well given how the crews training works. Maybe I am in error though. Don't know though. Anyway, please have a great day and have fun playing.

Captain, Yokose