UHL - Ship Swap Upgrade

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

UHL - Ship Swap Upgrade

Post by Coops »

Due to changes coming with the Level Six Settlement code I have today rolled out one of the initial leading elements. This is an upgrade to the way the UHL ship swap system works.

Up till now it has stopped you from doing swaps if certain rules are not met. Of course this being CE, over time a fair number of rules has been put in place with regards to swapping from one ship to another.

Level Six brings one more - Staff. Whilst you wont have access to player made ships yet or staff to crew them the necessary code has to be put in place first.

The new screen is an upgrade, in that it displays pictorially whats required and if you have met the requirements. Tags have also been added for Visually Impaired players. So rather than trying to swap a ship and being told you have to fix one thing, coming back and finding yet another thing and so on, this shows all the requirements in one go.

Before anyone starts asking some fairly obvious questions, there is no change in the way the code actually works, it is simply checking on one screen and informing you of the issues if they are not met. When / If you eventually are in a player made ship with Staff on board you will find the screen will cope for them as well.

This change ONLY affects the UHL automated ship strip system screens.

Coops, Aug 16, 2012
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!