Who wants to play the Lottery?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Yokose

Who wants to play the Lottery?

Post by Yokose »

I’m not sure if other players will like this idea, but I hope that you will give it some consideration. I’m wondering what you all think of a lottery system? Players could get 50 or 100 lottery tokens to play with each day… tokens are not cumulative and players have to invest their own credits as well. I’m thinking that there could be 3 tiers to it… a daily draw where players can put 10,000 credits into the pot for each lottery token spent, a weekly draw where players can put 100,000 credits into the pot for each lottery token spent, and a monthly draw where players can put in 1,000,000 credits into the pot for each lottery token spent. At the end of the daily, weekly, and monthly draw a player who has invested into the lottery would be randomly selected as the winner and gets the entire pot.

An example for those who are curious about how this works…

Lets say that I get 100 lottery tokens to use each day… this means that I can invest my credits and put my name in the lottery draw 100 times every day. If I put 50 tokens in the daily draw, that will cost me 500,000 credits and I have put my name into the daily draw 50 times. if I put 30 tokens into the weekly draw, it will cost me 3,000,000 credits and my name has been put into the weekly draw 30 times. If I put the last 20 tokens into the monthly draw, that will cost me 20,000,000 credits and my name has been put into the monthly draw 20 times. In total, I’ve spent 23,500,000 credits and I’ve spent my tokens for the day. If I want to use more tokens, I’d have to wait for the next day to do so.

The weekly and monthly draws are similar in that the tokens and credits a player spends in the lottery are cumulative. This means that if I invest 30 tokens in the monthly draw, I’ve spent 30,000,000 credits and put my name into the monthly draw 30 times. The next day if I invest 40 lottery tokens toward the monthly draw, then I’ve spent 40,000,000 credits and put my name into the monthly draw 40 times… in total, I’ve invested 70 lottery tokens and 70,000,000 credits and put my name into the monthly draw 70 times. When a player wins the lottery, they could get an in-game PM with the winnings attached as well as a mention in the news ticker… I don’t actually know what that thing is called at the top of the page where it shows random events, captain levels, corp and mining barge deployments and so on… I’m sure most players know what I’m talking about though.

So… what do you all think? I think this could be an interesting addition to the game. I hope to hear what others have to say! Please have a great time playing as well as a great day!

Captain, Yokose
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Who wants to play the Lottery?

Post by Coops »

/me watches in interest...
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
SpaceBucks

Post by SpaceBucks »

Sounds like fun, Yokose, but a daily game sounds like a ton of programming and maintenance work for poor old Coops.
Running a daily lottery might be too much to ask for. That said, a weekly lottery might also be much also, but a monthly lottery could be fun for every player since it would not be too time-consuming for players or administrators.
The only point would be a bet limit that would prevent extremely wealthy players from betting so much that they squeeze out other players from any odds of a win. Lotteries can be exciting, but the fun is winning. A bit of democracy would make it fair for all, just like our current fuel "daily draw" game that Coops puts out each day.
It will be interesting to see how this is vetted by others. Definitely, a dandy of an idea if done correctly and fairly.
Korth
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Korth »

There is the Sally Langstrom " Match the current Festive Images", which is like a slot machine.