How NOT to plan a starbase

Starbases - A long time coming but the pinnacle of achievement for any Guild or Captain. Information as its released will be collated here in this section.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

How NOT to plan a starbase

Post by alumoi »

OK, you've resisted the urge to jump on the first bandwagon thinking it's too expensive and resource intensive even if you had the money and resources.

Couple of weeks later you start buying schematics, without doing the maths. After all, you're a high level player with lots of unused cash on hand. Then, a billion later, you take a big breath and stop buying. You swear to stay away from Wallex and Humanix.

You start selling resources so you could recover the loss. It's either that or continue to sink money into schematics just because you have them. Oh well, it was fun thinking you will have your own, private starbase.

Couple of months later you get bored of hunting, mining, salvaging and cargo runs and fire up your trusty workbook to start adding up some figures. Oh, boy, Coops wasn't kidding! That's a shipload of resources! Naah, not for me... but the itch is there.

Months go by and you start noticing you're about to level up and swear you'll get a starbase for your 185th level. What could go wrong? (famous last words, right?)

So, it really starts: deposit couple of billions in the starbase escrow, sell some fuel in order to finance the resource buying, have a nervous breakdown realizing some resources can be categorizes as unobtainium, swear some more when you redo the math for the hundredth time (fun fact: resources sold in stores will cost you a cool 6.3 billion), but keep on going. What is one more billion after all?

Here you are now, with only some unobtainiums on GBM (by the way, stop hoarding them, daddy needs a new starbase!), down to your last couple of billions and with your deadline passed.

But no worries, the SinkHole will be buit!

--------
TLDR: do not even think of building a starbase on your own if you don't have at least the named resources and the unobtainiums.
--------
/LE
Credit go to GBM, Sven, TDK, Tagons Toughs, Lutes, Porrima, Elkhorn, Lutes, siddharth, SpaceBucks and all the other helping captains out there.
MadMaxxx
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Re: How NOT to plan a starbase

Post by MadMaxxx »

Yeah you did the point there. Starbases are really pinnacle of what someone can own in CE and they sure arent cheap. Doing it solo on your own it is a massive undertaking. I would like to point our here, like i did in CE channel some time ago that Starbase cost of building 10 hubs (Your did your math on buying planet specifics) is way way than actual price on Kubaf or Project Eagle site.

When you see the numbers and realise that this is only the HUBS being built (YES ONLY HUBS), then you really start to grasp how massive Starbases are. With Coops telling us that there are gonna be over 100 or so building/weapons built to get it fully equipped and with current buildings that we can craft(Habitat and Reactors) prices, my estimate is that we will reach over 150Bil Credits per Starbase built by the end of it.

Now you all know why Coops raised the bar on minimum SB license fee from 1Bil to 2.5Bil, because that is only a fraction of what the end cost it will be. We are not saying that it cannot be done, but it is much more doable when you have a Guild behind you to back you up on it. It was made in hopes that you are really ready to get it built to the end, as it will take a lot of commitment to get it done.

Resources needs are really huge (Now you know why there are BIG GBMs out there) from Tagons Toughs Guild (we try to pay fair price for them), but you have to know that we are building not 1 or 2 Starbases but 6 of them at this moment. It really is a huge undertaking and requires insane amounts of resources, that we are trying to acquire from all sources. I would like to give say a BIG THANK YOU to all that are helping getting them built by filling GBMs and to all my Guildies that are doing really AWESOME work to make it a reality.

On the end, i would like to state something, and that is, that Starbases are being built for players to use them as they wont dissapear if player leaves or goes bankrupt. They are here to stay, only owners will change from time to time. Also keep in mind that any support from any player is really appreciated, no matter on how big or small contribution is, as they all count towards the goal.

Iam sure Alumoi will be able to build his Starbase on the end, but it will be a mammoth task.

Thank you on mentioning our Guild as the one that helped you out on your endeavour to become SB owner.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Hey, it was meant to be funny, so stop stating facts!

I'll do a real review when it's done, so do me a favor and sell me some more resources :D
DanaLee

Post by DanaLee »

" by alumoi » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:24 am
Hey, it was meant to be funny, so stop stating facts!
I'll do a real review when it's done, so do me a favor and sell me some more resources :D"

Hahahahaha "when it's done" Hahahahahaha
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olsen, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"Two years from now, spam will be solved." Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

That's it, buddy! You're off my 'sell to' list :D

BTW, thank you for your contribution.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Goes to show 'it can be done' even if it drives you to an early grave or being hairless :)

Now lets just work on you KEEPING IT :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Shall I take it as 'nice starbase you have here, shame if something should happen to it'?
Well, it's not there yet, so HA! :)
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

alumoi wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:19 pm Shall I take it as 'nice starbase you have here, shame if something should happen to it'?
Well, it's not there yet, so HA! :)
The boys will be over later for the 'protection funding' :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Yeah, I've read the post about accounting. I'd rather deal with the mob. At least they are honest.
BTW, the sooner my SB is placed the sooner your goons can come and collect, so start paying attention to GBM. Pretty please!?!
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

For me to add, when handling direct income creating taks, klike hauling passengers or carrying cargo at level 184+ and having upgraded the ship and all euwipment to that level, it is easy for one pilot to generate enough income for the costs we face today.

The limit is possible somehwere when it gets 10-100 times higher, for that i would need to spend more time, or to get more credits from fellow pilots.