Starbase - Next stage Income & Bills!

Starbases - A long time coming but the pinnacle of achievement for any Guild or Captain. Information as its released will be collated here in this section.
Coops
Site Admin

Starbase - Next stage Income & Bills!

Post by Coops »

Starbase Owners,

We are rapidly approaching a milestone with starbases where I will be 'turning on' the billing process. In turn, I will be starting to add financial options to 'generate' funds. This starts with the initiation of 'Promenade Stores & Offices'. Now, starbases are behemoths compared to settlements, so simply relying on player driven tax %, income from starbases is not going to work.

So each office or store you open not only does it's 'normal' thing, it also will generate you an NPC driven income. This will be based loosely off your Starbase Level, NPC Visitors, Quality Of Life and a few other factors. These will be taken into account each 24 hours and added to your 'Daily Trade Income'.

The Daily Trade Income will be a merging of all the starbases incomes for that 24-hour period and will be used as a +/- factor when paying your daily 'Daily Running Costs' (which can be seen in the header).

Warning: As stated way back when I started down the starbase path, these things will not be cheap to run and anyone who expected to make a buck in the first year clearly didn't read the primers. It will take you time to build up a set of income revenues. Once I have instigated the Promenades and activated the daily billing cycle, your Starbase Accounts will begin to DRAIN!

Now, it's important that ALL starbase owners / guilds bare this in mind. I would urge you VERY seriously to add as much funding to your starbases as is possible. Take the top right 'Daily Running Costs' and multiply it by 30 then add a few months AT least in to your Starbase account. You spent a LOT of funds to get to this point, don't blow it by allowing the starbase to go into debt.

Starbase Auditor Clause 12, Section 1 : Any starbase unable to pay its funds for more than 30 consecutive days will forfeit ALL access and ownership to said Starbase. Said Starbase will be removed from Guild / Personal ownership and placed in control of the Official Receiver and be auctioned off at a later date. This includes all fittings, and financial investment.

As you can see, I'm NOT messing around here. A starbase is a permanent CE fixture, they will not be wrapped up but will be taken from the owner(s) and set aside to be auctioned at a later date. Allowing a 30-day grace period should be sufficient for any Player / Guild to fix the payment issue and catch up with any debts.

I will be sending this out as an in game PM as well as posting this both here and over in the Starbase Section of the forums.

I will leave it a few days so payers can pass this info on to the Guild / Specific owners and then roll out the Promenade changes and at that time Activate the Billing process, this will take place each evening (game Time) as close to Midnight as I can make it.

Following on from the Promenades, you can expect to see a fairly swift releases of building and other Starbase functions.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!