Pirates come to the aid of the RAIDS!

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Pirates come to the aid of the RAIDS!

Post by Coops »

I've been working on a suggestion today and it's now ready and released to live. It relates to RAID's.

RAIDS are normally built and pushed out by the Pirate Factions in various locations and there they sit till Captains group together and kill them (please no bragging replies to this thread). :)

Well thanks to the suggestion they now get AID from their brethren and 'not only repair' which they do over time any way but now SCALE UP over time.

Now....

This means that over time (and I mean a period of days) a RAID will start to grow and grow and grow. I have placed a max limit on them but its pretty big in the region of 1.5 Million HP. Along with the HP growth also comes Fire Power. Now they are randomly generated values within tight ranges BUT it does mean we could end up with some 'Mother-of-a-RAID' at times.

As this is a RAID upgrade I have also paid attention to the 'Repair on Exit' issue that so many of you have made 'issue' with smaller players entering.

I have extended the CHANCE of repair on exit to 1 in 5 and also reduced the repair value by a LARGE factor. This means that you can stop telling smaller captains they 'shouldn't' fight a larger raid. It will make only a small difference now.

I will however retain the right to 'fiddle' with the RAIDs own repair tickers should I see this have a major negative impact.

Also as a Last parting tap on the shoulder - 'Solo RAID'ers' - I have reduced the Maximum payout on RAIDS substantially. This means that you wont be getting 1.5 Million XP for sitting there attacking then retreating then attacking then retreating. Or spending several million in resources to single handedly kill a RAID.

RAIDS are meant for groups - lets see if we cant make that a reality :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!