Coming Weeks - New Player Update

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Coming Weeks - New Player Update

Post by Coops »

I've been sat at my desk for the last few weeks coding my ass off and I've had occasion to welcome a fair amount of new visitors and players to Core Exiles over in Discord.(Our Chat). One thing that has become abundant is that as CE has grown so has the issues with the new player missions.

Plus we have a lot of new players diving in to complex and advanced subjects without realising that's what they are doing. Missions they cant initially complete and no inkling of where to go or what to do.

The sensible ones stumble into chat lost and dizzy with the info they are absorbing. There they get directions and guidance. But even then it can be overwhelming for them.

So I'm going to dedicate the next few weeks to restructuring how new NPC missions work, adding a boat load more and generally creating some 'helpful Prompts'.

That will mean that any of you 'dishing out' help may need to consider the changes - I'll let you know when they start going live.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!