"NOT" newbie friendly

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
ESC01

"NOT" newbie friendly

Post by ESC01 »

Hi Im a die hard of 0n-line games been playing on-lines games for 16 plus years..But this is a tough game to get thru!!
Not newbi friendly !! I been stuck trying to figure out my mission but can not find where to go from here 30 minute's trying find something????
If I have to stay another 30 minute's trying to figure my missions than I will head back to my other on-line game.....Happy hunting...
Alien Hunter !
ESC01

Re: "NOT" newbie friendly

Post by ESC01 »

another thing that I have to say is that when you pick up mission from "NPC" I sometimes like to copy and paste on note pad to save and read as I go....But you can not copy & paste???
Another I pick up mission at trade office ,and I start off ...but wait where was I going ??? can not find mission on where to go???

Game:
score for game CE
Alien Hunter !
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

You can review NPC missions in the top right drop down menu. The menu header says "view tasks". And if your having difficulty finding something or figuring out what is what, you can always go into chat and ask. There's many people who are always willing to help. It doesn't take very long to figure out how to navigate, if your willing to learn it.
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

yes, please check out the community when you have an issue. Often it is more an how to, but unique to CE.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Control C and Control V - Your browser friends since the days of old. We also have an in game note pad that can be used should you wish. Plus your fastest and simplest way to get help when stuck is use the in game chat. Discord is very friendly and easy to use.

Of course these forums will get you a rapid response (generally) from friendly knowledgeable players.

Also please consider that CE is a HUGE browser game probably the largest deepest space base Indy game out there. We have been adding content for over ten years now. Take your time and aks if you get stuck.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
ESC01

Post by ESC01 »

why I can not copy and paste in-game ??
because I have a problem in game??
Alien Hunter !
ESC01

Post by ESC01 »

because I am not going to write it down or type it when I "could" copy and paste it?? as I said before not newbie friendly ....
Yea I could done the step by step and not run into problems ,but I first got on game I explore a bit than got lost,and than I try to find my way back to where I started and that is where I became turn around.But Hey Im on level 3 so I am moving forward a little but can not do my 2nd NPC mission???
Alien Hunter !
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

Hi ESC01,
First - you are using a standard browser on a PC, right? Not on a mobile (tablet/phone)????? Those have some issues.
Cause CRTL-C and CTRL-V into NotePad work fine (although the formatting gets messed up).

As Sluremewerds said, in the upper right corner, there is a tab (View Tasks), click into that
and select "NPC missions" or "Trade Missions" or whatever task you chose.
Once you know where you need to go, open up the Galaxy Map (bottom task bar, 2nd from the right, looks
like a checkerboard). That shows you the systems and routes.
I assume you know how to navigate around and get into the jump gate network (if not, post and someone can explain).

Hope this gets ya going.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

RIght mouse button is disabled, which makes some things harder, lol. But CRTL-C and CTRL-V into NotePad work fine :)
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Also, are you working the player guide missions? These are found lower left tab(CE Guides)
This game is indeed complex and can be tough to navigate at first. As suggested, go to chat and hang out, ask questions and it will come to you, like it did all of us.
The other advise, find a guild to join, there are several to choose from. Jeris Outpost in Fieron has a guild office where you can click on and browse the guilds and when you find one you feel will work, apply. The guilds are there to help you as well get you into a team effort. This game is not for solo players, as when you get furher in, you will find the aid of a guild is invaluable.
Good luck and i hope you will give CE more time.