Corporations Events

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Corporations Events

Post by Coops »

OK it's only the second day, but already we have a few players who have a basic Corporation up and running. They have a Contract Office and a ship and a crew and are sending them out on Contracts.

These contracts mean that their ship and crew are out for extended periods of time and like YOURSELVES that means Events! (Oh we love a good event here in CE) :) These events are separate from the events of the actual contracts and are randomly 'spawned' by the ticker that controls the ebb and flow of Contracts being processed.

Currently Player (at the current Corp Levels) can do the following Contracts :

Haulage - Clients have large stacks of Cargo at one place and need it moving to another. The player Corporation moves it piecemeal until complete. Sometimes this might be local and only take them a few hours, other times it might be much further and/or much larger therefore it takes a lot longer.

Combat - Clients have convoys they need protecting. You are hired as part of that protection with an estimated kill rate and the need to keep the convoy safe there and back.

Salvage - Here clients need wrecks to be cleared from their space lanes. Your given a tonnage requirement to clear. It could be close it could be far away.

Mining - Clients have requirements for X,Y or Z Asteroid Resources. You will be given a specific resource to collect from a specific Field. The client drops off an Anchored Container which you need to deposit the contract good into.

The above Four types are currently what the Corp players can / could be doing. As they raise their Corporations there will be more options at their disposal, but for now that's what they have.

THE COMPETITION

Design new EVENTS for them to run into on their journeys. You need to come up with 2 paragraphs of text (no more) and they need to be related to ONE of the Contract types above. They can be GOOD or BAD events or even Passive Events that are neither - IE just something that happens :)

I have added to THIS post a ce-events.zip file link at the bottom of the post. It contains 354 images of CE type events. We already use all these for normal CE events but I think we could reuse them for Corp Events.

Your Event Submissions should take the following Format :

Text :
Captain, we detected a distress beacon a little off our determined route. We investigated and discovered a disabled ship adrift in space.
The occupant was barely alive. It was lucky we got to them in time. We placed them in recovery and will drop them off the next time we dock.

Events Type Designation : Good /Bad / Neither

List of things the Event CAN affect
Image from the ce-images.zip (see bottom of post)

Credits + or - (or Zero)
Item added : From Misc Store Types
Item added : From Resources
Depot Fuel Affected +
Corp XP + / -
Ship Damage +
Crew Ability + XP

You don't need to add ALL the items from above you can cherry pick. IE you may have an event that does as part of it cause the ship to break down but the crewman manages to repair it in time. That would have + Damage and perhaps + Crew Ability XP (as he / she repaired the damaged item)

You may have events where they find a floating XYZ Misc item. Or perhaps A floating crate of resources. They may do something heroic and gain Positive XP for their Corp or for themselves.

You simply need to list the attributes form above. No need to provide NUMBERS. I will add those within the event itself.

Competition Rules
#1 You may enter as many times as you like
#2 Staff may enter
#3 Please refrain form using Captain names or Settlement names in entries
#4 Entries must be safe for family audience.

Competition Closes
For now this one will remain open until I say otherwise. I will judge how many entries we get and see how we go. I have veto over entries being usable, so you may want to ensure you don't make them overly long or complicated. Plus the more entertaining the better!

Prizes
For each Entry I choose to use the winner will receive the following :

1 X CES extractor of their choice (PM me after winning)
1 X 5K fuel ticket
1 X Festive Bonus Mech Pack
100 X Festive Points

Thanks to a CE benefactor we also have 36 THREE month PA's to give away. So the first 24 picked will also receive a three month PA.

IMAGE FILE HERE - CLICK ME

Happy submitting :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
samudra

Re: Corporations Events

Post by samudra »

Captain, we have a report that one of your corporation combat ship had accidentally destroyed Verecian Ambassador Shuttle Ship that they should protect. Now the Verecian already put a bounty on your head.

Events Type Designation : Bad

Item added : Lock Steel Case / Lock Crate #13
Corp XP -
Last edited by samudra on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
samudra

Post by samudra »

Captain, we have a report coming in. After 3 hours of tiresome inspection, Galfed finally found out that one of our cargo crates had a bomb inside. The bad news, the bomb exploded before deactivated.
The ship took a serious damage, it seems your corp ship wouldn't in service for some time.

Event Type Designation : Bad

Credits +
Ship Damage +
Last edited by samudra on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
Don't underestimate our sniper just because his nose is long..
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, your missing crew member has finally reported back. Remember we had last seen him in that bar in Sharaia?
Well, seems the "girl" he was seeing left him her egg to take care but its all done now. Good news is that she left a gift for the "father".

Events Type Designation : Good
evmech7.jpg
evmech7.jpg (18.82 KiB) Viewed 9717 times
Credits -
Item added : ROLF #2
Crew Ability +

----------------------------------

Just trying to increase a little some very needed ROLF #2 :$
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, remember how I told you to pay for that waste disposal course for your corporation and you said no one could get the waste disposal wrong?
One of the crew just reversed the waste disposal unit. The good news is that those crew members don't need the course now.

d17.jpg
d17.jpg (19.47 KiB) Viewed 9717 times
Credits -
Item added : Radioactive Waste
Corp XP +
Ship Damage +
Crew Ability +
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, one of our crew members just won an human-powered aircraft competition with is ornithopter. Yes, I know you didn't knew he built one of those, you also didn't knew he used some of the ship parts to do it. Anyway we got good publicity for the corporation.

Events Type Designation : Neutral
ev2.jpg
ev2.jpg (18.48 KiB) Viewed 9714 times
Credits -
Corp XP +
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that the automatic kitchen broke on one of your corporation ships and half the crew got ill from the food one of the crew members cooked. The good news is that the other half loved the food and he started a new food brand.

z9.jpg
z9.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
Credits -
Item added : Fresh Foods
Corp XP +
Ship Damage +
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, one of your corporation ships just crashed into a fruit Cargo Vessel. I told you to fix those proximity sensors... Thankfully there wasn't much damage, but you will have to pay for the lost cargo. Good news is that you won't have to buy fruit for some time.

found_56.jpg
found_56.jpg (21.29 KiB) Viewed 9697 times
Credits -
Item added : Fresh Fruit Platter / Irradiated Fruit
Ship Damage +
Dr John Smith

Post by Dr John Smith »

Captain, remember I told you the crew needed a bio-fuel recycling course? well one of your crew members just recked the bio-fuel pumping system, at least he managed to get some bio-fuel form the wreck.

Events Type Designation : Neutral.
found_25.jpg
found_25.jpg (19.19 KiB) Viewed 9665 times
Credits -
Depot Fuel Affected +
Ship Damage +
Crew Ability + XP
Lord Orion

Post by Lord Orion »

Captain, that navigator you got for the corporation got really lost this time. He run into a "nest" of Vermin and almost blew his ship. Good thing is that the Verec-Pec authorities are really glad he found the "nest" and sent a "thank you" basket.

pirate.jpg
pirate.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 9642 times
~

Item added : Verecian Antiquities / Verecian Antivirals / Verecian Fruit Platter / Verecian Perite / Verecian Protein Foods / Verecian Refined Ore / Verecian Supplement Foods / Packed Verecian Art (some items from this set)
Depot Fuel Affected -
Ship Damage +
Corp XP +
Crew Ability +