Crypto Currency - Personal Interest Question to Players

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.

Crypto Currency Poll

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:40 pm

Crypto Currency - What the hell are you on about it
64%
Crypto Currency - You mean this bitcoin thing which only criminals like drug dealers, online thieves and tax scamming investors use
29%
Crypto Currency - Hell yeah I love it and use it every day and love trading it (only BTC)
No votes
Crypto Currency - Hell yeah I love it and use it every day and love trading it (BTC and all other types of crypto)
No votes
Crypto Currency - Hell yeah I love it and all the colorcoins and other assets living on top of the blockchain
No votes
Crypto Currency - This is the way forward for everything in life and I could not know more about the topic
7%

Total votes: 14

sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Re: Crypto Currency - Personal Interest Question to Players

Post by sidewinder fang »

I am loosely aware of bitcoins and other similar currencies, I think the concept of having such a currency is interesting, however not without its own risks, I think I'd need to look into it more and do a lot more research to form a full opinion on the matter.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

like any market, it's all a matter of whether you can find buyers when you want to sell. Just imagine someone paying $2.5million for a guitar? It happens, but doesn't mean I'm going to start buying guitars.

When people look at the various cyber/crypto currencies that is what they see. Something they don't understand and have no idea whether it's a scam or something with long term value.

I believe it will stay that way until the currency is backed by a trustworthy and well-recognized organization.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

The whole point of bitcoins is that it's decentralized.

Any attempt to legitimize it on a national level by a government will lead to regularization and taxes which undermines the whole thing.

So yeah, enjoy it for what it is...an alternative payment method that can't be traced or stolen if done correctly.
STONE
CE Official Supporter

Post by STONE »

There's a lil gas station near me that has a sign that they accept bitcoin..I thought it was a joke ...this station also has a poster of the 50's movie "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman"....give me good cold hard gold not something that I can't touch it and pet it..ohhh yea were was I? Crypto Currency? Sounds like its dead in the water already...:p
Settlement Shenandoah, Sayet System V-P
"Brace yourself for immediate disintegration."
Bloodskye
CE Official Supporter

Post by Bloodskye »

I've never heard of it, but then I live in America and have problems seeing out of the air holes in my box.
You read my sig. That's enough social interaction for one day.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i dabble in the mining of it, don't know much about it.
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

...did someone say "mining"? :mrgreen:
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

i probably shouldn't have laughed as hard as i did....
LocutusBorg

Post by LocutusBorg »

I've been mining them... Even had (well, still have) an erupter. But started too late. If I had started it when I first hear about them, I'd have make some profits maybe...

Nowadays the difficulty of BTC mining is so high, that you have to really, REALLY big, expensive, power-consuming erupters (AISICs)... Well, you can always hire a computing power, but... I do not thing this is profitable...

Oh, and only BTC and Dogecoins are really worth something... And Dodges can be mine by your GFX. Ati are better here (only here...) Well, if you have 100 of them. And those are R7 models. Oh, wait, R9 better :)
Resistance is futile! - come and visit Unimatrix 001 in Lorat system!
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

yeah, i use a little 1t asic miner-totally regret the purchase :P