Rare Ore refinery income

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Rare Ore refinery income

Post by Slurmewerds »

I recently purchased the rare ore refinery building for my level 6 settlement and after shuffling some things around I was able to acuire the necessary power requirement to deploy the building. I got a few people to plop their refineries there but noticed the only income i receive is the 25k from the initial setup. These building require a lot of power and cost 100 million credits and unlike glesco there's no time limit on how long a refinery can be placed and no daily fee like malls. Malls also offer a percentage of income which can be increased through research and malls have a small daily fee. Is there anyway to implement some of these elements into this building. Either a time limit or better, a daily fee and maybe an income that can be boosted through research like malls. Or a small percentage of the resources that are being made can be placed into my commercial storage which could be boosted through research. Whatever the solution is it can't affect the person deploying their refinery so it doesn't discourage them from using a settlement ts refinery location as opposed to using an npc refinery location. I'm just saying the cost to benefit ratio is way out of whack. I get that some buildings don't directly benefit settlement owners from having other than convenience for myself and others like the mech assembly plant but for a building with huge energy requirements and great upfront cost it should be able to produce more income than the occasional 25k. That's like buying a yacht and only using the life raft it comes with :P
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Rare Ore refinery income

Post by Darakhoranon »

Sounds reasonable.
I wouldn't put the rare ore refinery into the "convenience" group, either. As you said, it has similarities to the gleso and mall buildings, so it SHOULD be treated in a similar way, too. A small daily income that can be boosted with research sounds like it could achieve this.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

ANYBODY else have an opinion on this matter?
Moonblade
CE Official Supporter

Post by Moonblade »

Completely agree Slurmewerds. If I understand it correctly, a captain can put a CES refinery there for a once off fee and theoretically occupy that spot forever.
alumoi
CE Official Supporter

Post by alumoi »

Well, even USD is not my national currency, here are my 2 cents: it's more like buying a yacht and only using it once per year in order to have a party.
Settlements are not meant to be a milk cow, just a convenient refugee for the owner where (s)he can have the commodities needed. Think of it as your house. Do you tax your friends/relatives when using your garage for their DIY projects?
I can understand your concern regarding the huge investment some buildings require and the need to somehow recoup (part of) the money but CE is all about having fun and planning waaay ahead. Maybe in a couple of years you'll fill all the slots in the refinery with your own plants.
The only improvements I can think of would be a big red button with a 'kick out' label next to each refinery which the owner of the settlement can push at his/her leisure or the ability to negotiate the deployment fee with each customer.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

well will agree have to go with alumoi on this one , sorry Slurmewerds :)
well my shipyard building cost fortune and does not make me so much or some one who went with star base shake bake setup might not make return on it.
why not make such investment thinking it will increase your atraction of your settlement building and increase the footfall .
but the rearch and increaseing the slot like glyso might be a option to boost the income
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

I lean toward the idea of a time limit like with factories or extractors where the building must be reset periodically.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
FlyingFish

Post by FlyingFish »

I agree with Pablem. That keeps active owners at the location and gives some income to the settlement owner.
Zaniah

Post by Zaniah »

I think the time limit idea sounds like a good idea.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The time limit aspect would be a good thing. I feel that if something is placed on a settlement that is available for use by other players then the settlement owner should get something back, like a user fee. Doesn't have to be alot, just something.