Commercial Storage Situation

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Studebaker Hawk

Commercial Storage Situation

Post by Studebaker Hawk »

Yesterday morning I tried using commercial storage for the first time. At that point I was sitting on over 70,000 credits which I assumed was more than enough to cover the few paltry pieces of refined ore that I was using to learn the ropes. Later that day - now up to 90,000+ credits - I received a notification that they were unable to collect 50 credits owed and therefore I was locked out of commercial storage. I was rather confused by this, but attached requested 50 credits and sent off the reply to the notification. As of this morning I'm still locked out, the submit payment button is grayed out, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there's something I'm just not understanding. Thoughts? Assistance? Do I get the "Dumb Guy" award again? Thanks to one and all for your help in this puzzling matter!

- Studebaker Hawk
pikolinianita

Re: Commercial Storage Situation

Post by pikolinianita »

CS apyment is taken from your bank account. When docked click small white icon next to promenade name (near repair, collection point or passenger office). And send some cr to bank account.
Studebaker Hawk

Excellent! Much thanks pikolinianita!
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Normal practice is to keep most of your money in the bank with just enough for day to day dockings and small impulse purchases in the bank, with 90,000 I would put 60,000 - 70,000 in the bank and keep the rest in my ship.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Studebaker Hawk

Thanks, aRJay - all suggestions and assistance are greatly appreciated. I'm enjoying this game more and more with each day! Seems I've made an good choice by coming to Core Exiles.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

Yes you have! And there is a bank at every planet so you can always get to your credits. Remember to stop by The Elks Lodge and don't forget to tip the waiter!
Elk
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Studebaker Hawk wrote:I received a notification that they were unable to collect 50 credits owed and therefore I was locked out of commercial storage. I was rather confused by this
One thing you will find with CE is you need to read every screen of detail the first time round. There is a big fat bold warning, including a picture highlighting the issue that funds come from the bank and not your ships Store. A common issue but as I say highlights having to read the screens, especially the first time.

Glad you resolved your issue though :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Studebaker Hawk

Coops wrote:
Studebaker Hawk wrote:I received a notification that they were unable to collect 50 credits owed and therefore I was locked out of commercial storage. I was rather confused by this
One thing you will find with CE is you need to read every screen of detail the first time round. There is a big fat bold warning, including a picture highlighting the issue that funds come from the bank and not your ships Store. A common issue but as I say highlights having to read the screens, especially the first time.

Glad you resolved your issue though :)

Coops
And my humble apologies, to Coops and everyone else for being a pest, causing gnashing of teeth and rolling of eyes from the experienced players. The density and quantity of text materials can be seriously overwhelming to one who's unfamiliar with a game of this type. I can assure you that I won't be bothering folks with these overly simplistic kinds of questions from now on. Taking a few days just to read, read, read, and then read some more. :oops:
Kangaroo

Post by Kangaroo »

an alternative is to come into game chat and ask. With apologies to Bebeb who will get even less sleep now... if you put in the name of someone who is logged in, they get a ping and are likely to come answer the question.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

2 things to beware of... Elkhorn's kindness, he could sell sand in the desert, and still charge for delivery. ;)
Most dangerous thing is Rexx, one look upon his awesomeness and you're doomed.

There are other aspects to be wary of, cough, evil genius Coop's surprises, cough, Zoorland or piko's 'aww, come on, just drop in a mech, it'll be fun' and a few others you will have to find out for yourself. Have fun! LOL ;)