Newbee Assistance on delivering the goods, please!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Studebaker Hawk

Newbee Assistance on delivering the goods, please!

Post by Studebaker Hawk »

And my first question is: now that I'm at Kelsey on my first trade mission, how/where do I unload the cargo? I've poked around forever and can't find the information on ending the mission and collecting my pay! I am reading and trying to follow these directions, but when I arrived at Kelsey, nothing. I've wasted money docking, and the 14 cargo stays on my ship no matter where I go or where I dock.

Jonas: "I suggest visiting the Ashar Office here on the Promenade. Take a Mission to a nearby system (use the Galaxy map on the Footer bar). They will take the cargo from you when you arrive and pay you at the same time. Then come on back. I suggest you do this a few times till you have at least 2500 Cr then come back and see me."

These instructions just say "They [whoever "they" are] will take the cargo from you when you arrive." Nope. It just doesn't happen. None of the guides that I've found over the past two hours [!] seem to address this basic part of one's first experience here. The link at the bottom of the mission description from Jonas addresses navigation, but not delivering the goods of the first mission. Sorry to win today's "Dumb Guy Award," but can anyone help me here?
pikolinianita

Re: Newbee Assistance on delivering the goods, please!

Post by pikolinianita »

Hi,

If you taka Ashar mission, you collect payment when you land on planet (and you see promeneade).

If you enter side tab "View Tasks"->"trade missions" you'l see your active ashar mission. If there is none, you've alredy collected payment, or made mistake earlier :(

pika
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

It is an automatic process when you dock at the planet identified in the Trade Mission you will see a screen telling you that you have earned 'x' credits and some faction XP.

Make sure you are going to the right location, there are some confusingly similar System and Planet names here.

They are (in this case) Ashar.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Studebaker Hawk

Post by Studebaker Hawk »

Thanks ever so much, folks. I see where I made my mistake now. All's good and I'm on my way!
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

yw. :)

next time you find similar problem you could try chat. It is the fastest way of getting advice :)
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

Also, when you enter a system that you have a delivery for, the name of the planet will show in blue instead of white.
Deliver to that planet and the blue color will change to white and if you have another delivery in that system the next
planet's/station's or whatever will show in blue. It is an easy way to know if you can leave that system and go to the next one.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
GillianLowwater

Post by GillianLowwater »

Oryuken wrote:... the name of the planet will show in blue instead of white.
I can't believe I haven't noticed this before! Thank you a hundred times and boy do I feel like a goof.
evolve or perish
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

GillianLowwater wrote:
I can't believe I haven't noticed this before! Thank you a hundred times and boy do I feel like a goof.
Don't feel too bad, it's not the most obvious thing, especially if you've already memorized planet positions lol
Oryuken

Post by Oryuken »

jcheung wrote:
GillianLowwater wrote:
Don't feel too bad, it's not the most obvious thing, especially if you've already memorized planet positions lol
Yes, don't feel bad, remember all of us learned and still are learning in the game. All of us working together is what makes CE great.
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours