Central AI Complex - requirement for settlement level up

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Central AI Complex - requirement for settlement level up

Post by Sukayo »

Pablem wrote elsewhere:
I was also thinking that leveling settlements to 4 or higher should now have a CAIC requirement. Something like Level 4 CAIC installed, level 5 +5 levels in all areas, level 6, +10 levels in all areas, level 7 ???
stolen the idea ... but i think worth to discuss.

Cons:
  • 10 levels can be purchased from the CE - store, so here is a way of purchasing your way to level up for this requirement.
Pros:
  • no level 4 or higher level settlement w/o the CAIC and a security level needed to run the services
Hunbaba

Re: Central AI Complex - requirement for settlement level up

Post by Hunbaba »

Is this an early 1.st of April joke?
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

I think it would without doubt be a bad mistake and would only deter people from owning a settlement, it's already a daunting enough process accumulating the SRP as it is without adding considerably more months to the total.
Big thumbs down to this one
mropso

Post by mropso »

In a years time, when all the fuss has died down it will come as a rude shock to a player who has just got up to level 4, finds settlement events happening and has to work out why and what can be done about them. The resource requirements and the cash for the schematics take some planning for when you are still at your first settlement stage.

So, making the AI complex a requirement for level 4 would be a good thing.

What happens after that should be up to the player.