Rearch Centers

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Re: Rearch Centers

Post by Darakhoranon »

I've looked up the events I've experienced so far (all bad, services at 2% each).

Before installing the CAIC: 900 - 1000 SRP lost each time (at 2847 SRP/day generated, that's about -1/3 SRP generated every other day)
After installing the CAIC: 1x 85 SRP lost, only credits/hp/morale on the other events (i.e. negligible)

Granted, the actual loss of SRP is somewhat random, but I don't see that it actually AFFECTS anything - rarely, it might require you to wait one more day to complete a given research because you lack just a few SRP, but that happened before the events, too.
Assuming 3.5 events each week (one every other day), and further assuming you lose about 100 SRP each time, that's -350 SRP/week. At 1725 SRP/DAY (assuming 3x advanced lab without research/bonus from your staff/account upgrade), you EFFECTIVELY lose 20% of the research done in a single day over the whole week (assuming all your events reduce SRP, which is quite unlikely I believe). So even in this "worst case" scenario, your research won't be slowed noticeably. If you take steps to increase your SRP generation (research, staff, university, maybe even the account upgrade), the effect of events becomes even less significant.

At the same time, events are SUPPOSED to (slowly) remove "deadwood" settlements, so they must have some effect that builds up over time. But as long as you take care of your settlement, the events will never have any REAL effect. And as Prev pointed out, settlements are supposed to be TIME SINKS - if the events mean that it will occasionally take you one more day to finish a given research, I'd say they work just fine.

Note: Before someone points it out, yes, I still think it's less than ideal that you won't see many "good" events without spending a lot of SRP - if the whole event log shows "bad event - bad event - bad event", that's a little depressing and may lead to misconceptions. Removing the "bad"/"good" appellations and just calling them "events" might be better.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

Darakhoranon rather then srp loss of events .
look we have to spend on events rearch first to save up on moral which on further pospon our leveling of set if you have a sett at level 4 .
so spending on rearch of those get on priority then leveling and as we had not gained any extra srp per day its a disadvantage position and slow up of leveling of sett in long run .
that was the my reason behind of review of rearch building
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Prev wrote:Settlements were designed to be a time sink.
If events really DO slow down the development of settlements in a noticeable way, they're working JUST AS INTENDED, aren't they? Adding ways to increase SRP generation would kind of negate this effect...

Using all increases to SRP (research, staff, 3x advanced lab, large university, account upgrade), I get 4662 SRP/day. So I can finish some research every few days. Yes, it takes time, but what's so "bad" about that? And if I really wanted to push my services QUICKLY, I could always buy the two increases in the CE store (either for my own money or by paying someone else with a load of credits)...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

the point here is events added stick without putting carrot lol for sett level 4 and beyond .
and what all carrot you talking is for ce store which is a luxery :) . getting ce event booster .
for normal ce player who is developing it added more duties with prolonging set level up .

as i said I am fine but was just asking if this be reviewed as we be needing to get more srp to invest in the event rearch so the extra rearch building could fill in for protecting once sett and keeping pace with sett upgrade time line :)
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

No, the point here is that IT IS WORKING AS INTENDED. Settlements are supposed to be a LONG TIME INVESTMENT. Settlements are supposed to GROW SLOWLY.

So increasing SRP generation wouldn't make sense, would it? Maybe events are a "stick" as you say, but if they make settlements work as intended, they are fine the way they are.
Prev
Site Admin

Post by Prev »

siddharth wrote:the point here is events added stick without putting carrot
Why must there always be a carrot ?
siddharth wrote:for normal ce player prolonging set level up .
For "normal" players, balance is getting closer. It should not be possible to race to Sett level 6 in the time it takes the kettle to boil, as some have done in the past.
siddharth wrote:keeping pace with sett upgrade time line :)
As above, the upgrade "time line" as you put it has been restored to a position closer to the initial design.
Darakhoranon wrote:IT IS WORKING AS INTENDED. Settlements are supposed to be a LONG TIME INVESTMENT. Settlements are supposed to GROW SLOWLY.
Nuff said :)
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

What Rubbish.

What's the hurry?

Is this some sort of race to see who can lvl up their setts fastest?

Will you get a special conjugal visit from Rexx or something?

No, if you're in a great, tearing, hurry go play another game.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

So, you want to instantly be at level 6, then the game is boring and you want coop to add the next iteration of greatness to the game. I leveled my first settlement to level 6 some time ago. I have the hubs to start my second settlement, but am waiting to see how things settle before I do so.
No I need to place my bunker on my first settlement before moving on.
CE is a LONG term game, designed to keep you entertained and working toward the next level. If you want a "flash in the pan" game, there are plenty on facebook. I understand there are some people out there who want to be the first to do everything and want to race to the finish, I feel for you. But we are here because the game will always have a challenge to face, at least I hope so.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
king david
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by king david »

you don't lose -1800 Srp with a Caic on, I have a caic unresearched loss is very minimal. This game doesn't have things like losing your ship , or dying and losing exp. Every game has pitfalls. This game has been very lenient on negative affecting items. Everyone just MAN (or LADY) Up and play the game. Really before this change the worst thing that could happen would be to lose a bunch of alien stuff getting booby trapped during alien exploe or getting pirate attack and losing some cool stuff from hold. Also making research easier would cheapen the experience as our veterans have paid their dues and been awarder their level 6 settlements the old fashioned way, "they earned it"
Akkamaddi
CE Official Supporter

Post by Akkamaddi »

king david wrote: This game doesn't have things like (edit) dying and losing exp.
Actually, if you have a hull breach right after raising a level, or get a negative event, your XP will actually go negative, but you will not loose a level. Both have happened to me. :lol:

You know, the Galactic Bank has an option for "Insurance" that has never come into play. Perhaps that could be developed? Perhaps something like: You can put credits in, but it's deposit only. You cannot remove credits. Your insurance "account" will gain interest, unlike your normal account. Then, when bad events occur, they default to withdrawing credits from your insurance account first. Also, possibly, having 10M per level of your settlement in the account could have a -1% chance of bad events, as the magic insurance gnomes ward off evil woogies. (Fixed -1% bonus.) (To be honest, I'd also love to see this tied into ship events.)