Wreckage Located in Captain's Log for VI Players

A section for the Blind or Visually Impaired to chat and discuss screen-readers and Braille systems. When posting here please ensure you remember the target audience.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Wreckage Located in Captain's Log for VI Players

Post by Holiday »

I only make this suggestion because I know in the past things like this have been added to the game so I'd assume it wouldn't involve that much development/coding work.

Currently when doing combat and mining you randomly get "wreckage located", and in the past there has been topics on how to make this more accessible and friendly to screen reader users. The options put forward weren't implemented because they weren't easily added or would make the combat pages load slower if I remember right. Using a screen reader it is a pain in the butt to navigate to where the notification for wreckage located would be every time, especially on the new combat loot collection screen.

What I'm suggesting is an addition to the "Captains log" for wreckage located, just for the wreckage and not for other fom ores and special third window loot while mining. the mining screen is still the same and checking that only involves a quick end of document and up arrow, but the combat loot window has changed making it a little bit more difficult. obviously it wouldn't hurt my feelings if fom ores were included but it wouldn't fit into the reason I'm suggesting this. currently randomly when you go through your ships store you see something, and go, hmm, no idea where that came from, and then view it and see what it is; this involves going through all your ship tabs to check what you have got after doing a combat session. this is also a pain in the butt because you don't know what you are even looking for. If there was a section in the captains log VI or other players could just go there, choose to view it and see exactly what they have found recently while doing combat.

The only reason I post this is because it makes the process of finding wreckage located items much more difficult for players who use a screen reader, and by it's self using a screen reader can be a big enough headache by it's self. I suppose this isn't much of a suggestion but rather a request, don't know if this would be beneficial to sighted players, but I think this could help VI players quite a bit, myself included; if it was worth the work to implement it.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
siddharth

Re: Wreckage Located in Captain's Log for VI Players

Post by siddharth »

i agree . haveing a log of this will atleast know what we found in combat and mining.
for now all thing is get collected in our ship store but have no idea what and when we got them
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I'm Not VI

I like it very much! I sometimes click too fast, and I'd like to know what I found! (sorry guys for undermine your idea ;) ). I'd add Salvage and Events (modules!) to Combat and mining loot
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

As a regular player i blaze through combat and events sometimes and then find stuff in my hold i didn't even know where there.

A loot log for misc items would be helpful.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

pikolinianita wrote:I'm Not VI
I like it very much! I sometimes click too fast, and I'd like to know what I found!
XPLODE wrote:As a regular player i blaze through combat and events sometimes and then find stuff in my hold i didn't even know where there.

A loot log for misc items would be helpful.
If it would be helpful to sighted players too then that's even better; I just know from personal experience how difficult it is using a screen reader to check for the wreckage located line every time durring combat. If i was to check after every fight combat would be so slow frustration would outweigh the benifit as there isn't really a simple fast way to check using a reader...let alone those who can go so fast they miss a wreckage located.
Holiday
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

Sounds like a cool one to me Holiday!
Well done that Captain!
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
Gruntok
CE Official Supporter

Post by Gruntok »

I'm all in for this suggestion!
Wiki Nut
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

Is this something which can be implemented; or would it be too much work for too small of a reward? I've been randomly checking the 'Captain's bio' to see if it was added, I've been holding out hoping it would be. suppose either way I am just curious to know if it is a possibility, or a no.
Holiday
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

I have today added an insert into the Captains Log for loot that appears below the Image frames. This is displayed in combat as :

Wreckage Located (item_name) - Item added to Ship Store

This entry is not inserted into the Captain log and can be found under 'Combat Loot'. I've added that reference to the top of the list. I'll look into the mining page but I need to be careful with some fo this as its not as simple as it may appear on the surface :)

But this particular one will enable you to see JUST the extra loots your picking up from combat that you may have missed with all that rapid clicking or if your VI just missed.

Coops

P.S Sorry for the delay been a LOT going on this month behind the scene.
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

I'll try doing some combat to test it out, but currently this is all I'm showing. don't know if i picked up any wreckage located yesterday, didn't do all that much combat. plan on it today though for the coops challenge. this is going to be such a huge help though...thanks so much coops. :D

Apr 15th 02:07 am » Huey Clemente was assigned on a 4 Hour Combat contract in the Vosay System.
Apr 14th 01:20 pm » Equipped Combat Loot Maximiser CE5
Apr 13th 02:42 pm » Un-Equipped Combat Loot Maximiser CE5
Apr 12th 08:18 pm » Hector Alcaraz was assigned on a 5 Hour Combat contract in the Vosay System.
Apr 12th 08:17 pm » Huey Clemente was assigned on a 2 Hour Combat contract in the Kalerd System.
Apr 12th 05:07 pm » Gemma Fogle was assigned on a 5 Hour Combat contract in the Warloro System.
Apr 12th 05:06 pm » Huey Clemente was assigned on a 3 Hour Combat contract in the Beud System.
Apr 12th 02:49 am » Huey Clemente was assigned on a 2 Hour Combat contract in the Vosay System.
Apr 10th 12:35 am » Huey Clemente was assigned on a 2 Hour Combat contract in the Oengo System.
Apr 9th 06:16 pm » Gemma Fogle was assigned on a 6 Hour Combat contract in the Bress System.
Apr 8th 04:21 am » Combat Escaped Credits 3868 : XP 2901 Paid
Apr 8th 04:21 am » Combat Escaped 3868 Credits paid
Holiday