Thank you Coops for CE!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Oryuken

Thank you Coops for CE!

Post by Oryuken »

I read Coops PM mail with amazement. Do we have a bunch of 4 year old children playing this game?
If you seriously hate CE so much then don't play. I am not saying that you should never complain. I
have had complaints before and have bumped heads with Coops on a few issues, but I never stoop to
name calling and I always know that I am not the only one playing this game. Give credit where credit
is due! Coops and the other Devs work hard to give all of us a game that is enjoyable and ever growing.
I think everyone has heard of the pleasing everyone saying. Do you honestly think that Coops should be
such a super man that he can please everyone all the time? Why not sit back and see how these settlement
events develop? I have had 4 events so far, all bad. Do I like losing SRP? No. Am I going to curse at Coops
and demand treatment different from other players? No. Grow up! I am thankful to Coops for the CE game
and hope very much that he can continue developing it. Who knows, in a few months everyone may be raving
about the great addition that settlement events turned out to be. Support the CE Store if you can. Support
other players when you can. But without fail support Coops so we can continue to have a great game.
Thank you Coops
Red Dragon Enterprises
Akairyu Dome, Palalon, Sphere: Home of Lady Mariko's House of 1000 Pleasures
Ginryu Dome, Hammer, The Forge: Home of Red Dragon Tours
fjiekie
CE Official Supporter

Re: Thank you Coops for CE!

Post by fjiekie »

Very nice post.

Come on boys and girls, every time i speak with somebody about this game i ALWAYS metion it has the best community out there, i would like to keep saying this...
Yes this is a change, is it good? bad? have you tried it first? i've gotten 3 bad events and one good which gave me +1 morale, so NOW it isn't worth it, do i care? NO, this game isn't about getting filthy rich, it's about playing it and do everyting!

now i know i'm rich so the first 5 people that still needs a CAIC and needs copper, i'll give you 10.000 copper ore for free (or less if you need less, i'll give it to the sixth person then...) and 5 million creds to help buy the rest...
(please ask only if you need it!)
WHY do i do this? i want to help coops by this and help support the idea of a great community.

Yes it is a change, be happy that this game keeps developping at this speed and play it with all you have.
(and i'm certain if your active and your sett might be in danger with low morale and such, Coops will jump in to save the day)
lvl 175 hauler
Fang-agent -- nemesis of the Shredd
Senior-worshipper of Coops and staff
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

I would express my respect and high consideration To Coops,
especially for his works,
That allows me and ALL OF US to play FOR FREE. :x
This game is complex, when i joined Aesir first thing LockLoad said me was: "if you are patient we can help you".
He was right, King David did a great work with me, with advices, devices, and lend me the money to buy my Liberator.
I must be honest mining with a Marauder is boring(David Said me hehe), but i must do.
So i leveled very fast.
I get fun crafting a frontierman (thanks to David who gave me the resources i missed) shield rev 1 and i discover i need EBK to recharge, i test my new liberator in combat and i was hard beaten my enemy used matrix on his shield, but as i am not a main fighter i dont mind, it counts as experience.
Crafting needs high Level, lots of money IP Points and very very much resources.
I enjoy crafting so i will go for this, leveling getting Ip, money, resources and all needed to craft.
I think about this new Settlement event you must do Tests, make experience, and understand what to do and dont Blame Coops that works hard to allow us to play FOR FREE. :cry: :x
Again i would express my gratitude and respect and high consideration to Coops.
I cant do otherwise :-).
I apologize for my bad English :-)
i hope be able to make you understand my exact feelings.
Regards
Always remember: this game is COMPLEX
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Achilleos
CE Official Supporter

Post by Achilleos »

Yes very good post Oryuken and very well put.
Yes I've been very vocal with my unhappiness at the Settlement events addition, but I have posted my thoughts openly on the forum for all to view and discuss, which I'm sure you'll all agree is quite normal when a new addition is added to the game.
I feel feedback, whether it is positive or negative is neccesary, and indeed voicing my thoughts resulted in some positive advice from other captains, for instance I hadn't realised I could get resources from Sven, at level 84 I find that quite embarrasing to myself.
I have not and would never dream of mailing Coops personaly with my opinions and never would I stoop so low to insult him, personaly I feel that anyone doing that sort of thing should warrant a ban.
This game over the last 2 years has given me many many hours of enjoyment for which I am very grateful, I log in every morning when I awake for half and hour before work and I log in as soon as I return home in the evening - and yes I have parted with my fair share of real cash supporting the game and do hope to continue doing so.

Coops I thank you for the game and for your continual development of it, your commitment isn't matched anywhere else.
I apologise if I may have offended with my unhappiness with some additions but be aware that none of this will ever stop me from playing.
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Here ya go, Coops....This amazing game I developed should help get your mind off coding for awhile and help soothe all your stresses:

For V.I. it is an image of Rexx nude as a a pin the tail on the donkey game....except the game isnt pinning a tail
Last edited by Rexx Shredd on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanid
CE Official Supporter

Post by Xanid »

Well, I've played CE for two months now, but I consider myself a gaming veteran having cut my teeth on Wizardry on my whiz bang Apple IIe back in the early 80s. CE is a fantastic game that mixes simplicity with complexity and I appreciate that you get to dictate your own pace. There are a lot of details in this game that often get ignored by big budget enterprises. And the customer service is fantastic. I feel fortunate to have discovered CE.

I have not experienced the new event changes and it will be a while before I do. But I have faith that all will be well because it is obvious to me that CE was created with and has been maintained with great care. I believe in Coops.

For those that will listen, think about how much time you play CE and the enjoyment it brings to you. I encourage you to financially support CE. My play time is valuable to me; I'm sure yours is to you as well.
Vetaro

Post by Vetaro »

I was really sad when i read the mail from Coops and i honestly can't understand why people can be like this. This is a really great game and you can easily notice that a lot of work was put into it to bring it this far. Normaly i'm the type who maybe plays a game for a few month before loosing interest and this is one of the very few that could keep me for years and probably could keep me for many more years.
Don't let it get to you so much Coops there are enough people here who love what you are doing. Sadly i'm not in the position to support the game but if i could i gladly would do it like i already did before. Also if people go so far as to insult you then just ban them because people like that are not needed in this game anyway. It might hurt but i'm sure sooner or later it will quit down because most people still love this game.

Also to the people that cry about the settlement event system. If you think you can do it better why don't you do it? It's easy to cry about things when you can't even do it better and i could say what i think about you but i don't want to use insults. I finished the buildings just in time and i wasted a lot of time by not looking at the resource amounts and thinking it won't be so hard. I partly even bought most of the things without including the reduction matrix and yet i still was able to finish it. So people who worked on it from the first day should have had it even easier then me
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Yes, the whole thing looks suspiciously as if a bunch of little boys (or insecure boys lamenting their lack of a girlfriend...) wanted to vent their frustrations. Seriously, if I wanted to read that, I'd read the WoW and SWTOR boards...

Now that I've vented my feelings, I'll say that I agree with the above posters. No, I'm not happy with every aspect of the game (e.g. the lack of any real effect of staying on good terms with GalFed AND Confed), and the addition of the settlement events certainly forces me to actually WORK to adjust, but that's part of the game.
And how many games that are ACTUALLY free to play (WITHOUT any "pay to win"/"pay to access the really good stuff") do you know? Exactly.
Add to this that the game is actually growing continuously and has an at least somewhat active community - and a developer/staff who really care about it! - and you end up with one of the most entertaining games around. One that you can play however much or little you like - you just have to find your playstyle and set up your game to fit that.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
PrimeMcNee
CE Official Supporter

Post by PrimeMcNee »

Thank you all for speaking up.

It's always the silent majority that doesn't get heard.
Now is the time to express yourselves!
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

Yes,
they should be banned,
would be wise.
Their Acting is inacceptable.
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum