Prizes for Events - [CLOSED]

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
XPLODE

Re: Prizes for Events - [OPEN]

Post by XPLODE »

Event Type : Bad
Event Title : Central AI Complex Software Bug
Precondition : Settlement Central AI Complex building installed.

Captain, the new mainframe you installed in one of your settlements seems to be initiating commands on its own, ironically that is not the the function this "AI" complex is supposed to do.

Some technicians believe this is due to a bug in the code on behalf of the person who created them, someone called "Coops".

It appears that this fault is going to have to be fixed by him as our own programmers don't have any idea what language it is written in.

Settlement Funds : -101,010
Settlement Morale : -11%
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Coup Attempt

Welcome back from you journeys. You couldn't help but notice the extra security and damage to the walls. It seems some of the citizens couldn't take it anymore. They claimed that the way you would issue orders and then take off for parts unknown to leave them with all of the headaches was just too much.

A very small group of them staged a coup, took the main offices, captured some prisoners, and issued the usual statements about being in control. They forgot that they need me to run the place, and that part of that place includes the climate control systems. A little sleepy gas ended the coup, but not before it made the local news. The ring leader is no longer on our payroll.

The tourists were unsure what to make of it all, especially the bit about it all being a planned test of our security personnel. Most of them were quite happy after the bars started offering buy-one, get-one drinks. The extra revenue from food services made up for the drop in bar revenue. And you may have noticed that we are trending positively on social media.

-1 staff
+tourism
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Famous Artist – Don’t Cry

Cyprian Puszkinus jr., Con-Fed most famous bard, is going to give Concert on field next to our Settlement! We can expect huge increase in tourism income. I’ve sent invitation for dinner; maybe you take few selfies with him. I’ve bought tickets for all our Staff. That could be most important cultural event on this planet in 100 years!

Captain, I still have no Answer from Puszkinus. Very strange, Superstars Weekly wrote he would be on vacation in Core. He is really important person, but trip to core? Wow, simply wow. They say It requires 50 Billions of credits for such trip! Yes, price includes Marauder for return.

Captain, We have problem. I thought it is live concert, but it is from tape. But it is least of our problems. Do you see two Sound Towers? Not four, two smaller are Kaon Colliders, one for each tower. But do you see audience? Exactly. First row is 100km north. When they turn sound on we will be literally blown into the orbit. We can always cancel contract. Please, do it, I like our Settlement. Now I understand how Puszkinus got his fortune. I bet his Agent signed similar deals with all settlements on planet!
Cash-, morale-,
Space Hydra
Prereq: Farm or Farming Unit,

Captain, Yesterday one of our farms was hit by highly radioactive meteorite. Yes, I know I shouldn’t bother you with such tiny issues, but this Meteorite eats our crops!

We were visited by planetary Xenobiologist. This Meteorite is a seven headed Hydra. Drop your blaster, Captain, you don’t know a legend? When you kill one head two more grow up! And put out this blowtorch, Space hydras are protected species! We have to build solid barriers around field, to limit our losses. When Hydra eats all organic matter it will fly away.

Captain, it’s gone! All organic matter inside barriers probably disappeared. Now we have pond of radioactive and toxic waste. We are pumping it into containers now. On the plus side, we have video with Hydra take off, we should get nice price from Animal Galaxy. On top of it we shed some light on origin of U.N. Minerals. We found on in our “pond”.
Cash+, Radioactive waste+, UN mineral+, SRP+
Molded Mine
Prereq: Kind of mine

I hate this smell too. It’s not our restaurant again. Source is somewhere east from us, judging from wing direction. Nothing important today. only few documents to sign. No news from InterPol about food robbery last week. And Mine-3 is still closed, methane levels too high.

I dispatched team to investigate that smell. Source was localized inside Mine-3, probably Shaft-5, but they were unable to get inside due to methane explosion hazard. I asked for military mine patrol, they have remote drone, we’ll peek into Shaft-5.

Captain, it’s outrageous! Engineers from Mine-3 wanted long holidays, so they hacked methane sensors! It was safe all the time! What more, they used one of the shaft as fermentation tank! They dropped 20 tons of stolen fresh foods there, with pinch of Alien Yeast, which gives high percent Moonshine. But they forget that fermentation smell is unbearable, much worse than with natural yeast. Unfortunately Alien yeast fermented some rock formations too, which made all stuff undrinkable. We could distill some into Refined chemicals, though.

Morale-. Cash-, reroll for all pass (smell!) . + refined chemicals.
Alien Arsenal
Prereq: Gas or mine DCM

Captain, During Expansion of mine-2 our miners found something wrong! Captain, I mean really wrong! We found very hard rock. Two our best drills are bent, and we were unable to crush it with C17 Explosives!

From bad to worse, Captain! That “rock” is reinforced Ackevmah alloy. One of our Scientists worked in Expanse for coalition, and she states its structure is very similar to Armor of Alien Battleships. Yes, sir. It sounds very strange, but should we send our analysis to Central Coalition Research Institute? Thank you, Captain.

You are really lucky, Captain! You’ve built Settlement on top of Alien Arsenal. There were enough of alien explosives to push our settlement to orbit and beyond! Now the good news – military took all dangerous materials, and left us a with lot of ore and some innocent Alien stuff!
-morale, ++ plain Ore, + ores/gases, + some Alien Stuff, ***reroll All Pass***
Doppelgaenger
Prereq: one other planet in system

Captain, tomorrow you have meeting with Herr Rothschildfeller, the richest men on this planet! He wants to build a supersonic railroad to your settlement! That would increase passenger stream, as well cargo one. Chef got special funds, we want The Best food for our precious guest!

Nothing went well, nothing! Giant %Planet oysters were spoiled, %Other_Planet deer raw and awful. At least you won’t get such a meal again – I ordered chef to mines. Fortunetely Herr Rothschildfeller,,, err,,, Frank had a sense of humor. You’ve signed contract so fast, with so relief... It looked you you feared he could change his mind! More Dignity, sir, you are Settlement owner!

Captain! Did you see ISN news? It was about advances of plastic surgery. There were shown, as example, ten look-alikes of Frank… er Herr Rothschildfeller. Should I add that no. 3 on that list was here yesterday? Yes, we signed a deal with him for building a train. Miniature train, actually, look at those three boxes near the window… Yes I think we overpayed… But you were on Galactic TV.

Money-, Children toys+
Honest Ivor
CE Official Supporter

Post by Honest Ivor »

A Gunnery Lesson
Captain, I just have to ask, what possessed you to spend ten hours broadcasting your most innovative pejoratives to the gunnery section of that Confed Cruiser in orbit? Really, I think you should just be grateful they held themselves to a single demonstration strike.

I have transmitted a thanks to Confed High Command for their cruisers assistance in ensuring that our defensive systems were operating properly, so no one on that ship is going to face charges, no one is going to create a scandal, and no one is going to take out their frustrations by reducing our settlement to molten glass. Our residents on the other hand seem a bit upset that no warning signal was given so you might wish to avoid showing your face until the damage is repaired.

-Morale
-HP

Core Recovery
Captain, our salvage crews have finally finished pouring over all the debris from that last pirate squadron and they came across an interesting piece, the memory core from an Alliance Research Vessel, several in fact. I’ve taken the liberty of contacting the Alliance Research Bureau to ensure the swift and safe return of their property. Well, most of their property; they can’t really know how many copies the pirates made.

+SRP
+Alliance Standing
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

Post by Delandra »

i've been stuck trying to get the words right.. but have given up.. but i want to add some ideas
for events with both good and bad results..

misadventure:

children/pet of settlement staff had gone missing in the undeveloped area around the settlement.
search party sent out..

good: children/pet found. +ancient treasure + morale
bad: children/pet dead. -morale -srp

cargo tracking system:

new cargo tracking system.. allows captain to misroute cargo..

good: random resources.
bad: gets caught. lawyers brought in. - credits -morale

helpful advertising:

have weapons convention to help weapons shops and get extra tourism

good: all goes well. + tourism +morale +credits
bad: accidental weapon discharge. -HP, -credits -morale - tourism

toaster from beyond:

a toaster like artifact is found in nearby nebula..
ends up being AI tech..

good: not active and useful info. +srp + credits
bad: active AI disrupts settlement computers before it can be stopped. -srp -morale

whose mechs are these:

mech factory is upgraded. mechs start fighting by themselves.

good: easily managed and televised..gain mech parts, +credits
bad: get out of control, riots, -credits, -morale, -srp, -hp

preventative maintenance:

during lull between pirate raids undertake maintenance of shield system.

good: +hp
bad: cut too many corners. -hp -credits

golf anyone?

ribblez plague. corporal Bronkowitz invents using them as golf balls..

good:new game invented whole settlement gets involved. ribblez kept in check. +morale
bad: rspca involved. plague gets out of hand. excessive measures needed. -morale -credits -hp -srp
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Well, let's see if I can turn Delandra's ideas into something...

If you should decide to use one of these, Coops, we'll just have to come up with a way to handle this (her idea, my text and all that).

Hide and Seek

Captain! Captain! Wake up, damn you! Why are you always sleeping when something happens anyway? Nevermind, I just received a message from our settlement staff. It seems several children were playing hide and seek on the outskirts of the settlement and somehow their parents lost track of them. Seriously, why didn't the children have tracking devices implanted? Don't look at me like that - I'm tracking you when you're stumbling through some wreck using my advanced sensors and not a transmitter I secretly implanted underneath your skin while you were sleeping...

Anyway, search parties were sent out and after some time found the missing children having a picnic near a glowing lake in an heretofore unknown cave underneath our settlement. I told you to get a full scan of the area, but you of course had to "save money"... Why do I even bother giving advice?

The children's parents were quite happy and the search parties found some salvagable items while our scientists are still trying to determine why the water glows. The area has been declared off-limits until they're sure it's not dangerous. Though why they bother with you running things is beyond me...

+ rare item
+ morale

It's alive! Not...

Well, captain, it seems as if you're not the only one trying to make pets of random creatures. Your head of research was keeping a rare Furnace Treecat in his quarters - without bothering to get permission, of course. And he disabled the security sensors near his quarters to keep his secret. Which meant once his pet got out, it disappeared into the maintenance shafts underneath our settlement.

Its owner was unsurprisingly distraught when he discovered that it was missing and tried to recover it without informing security. Instead he drafted the other scientists to form impromptu search parties. So instead of doing what they're being paid for (you ARE paying them, aren't you?), all your research staff went looking for a missing animal. Obviously, that set back the research schedules quite a bit.

And when they finally found the stupid thing, it had managed to get itself fried on some exposed high-voltage wires. Yes, I know that you don't care about "annoyances" like safety regulations. In any case, your head of research spent the next several days moaning his pet and getting on everyone's nerves. Which didn't exactly improve morale...

- SRP
- morale

Advanced Black Dragon Cargo Tracker

Captain, I'm happy to inform you that the latest upgrade to our settlement's cargo tracking systems went without a hitch. Of course, you didn't try to do the upgrades yourself, so that's not really surprising, is it? Yes, I know, you're a genius when it comes to technology. So do you want me to continue with my report or not?

Thank you. As I was saying, the upgrades to our systems already brought results when the staff could track down several pieces of cargo that had somehow gotten "lost" while certain pilots were refueling and getting their ships repaired. Apparently, there was a smugglers' ring operating out of our settlement. I have already informed the authorities, claiming we hadn't mentioned anything before to catch the smugglers "in the act" with enough proof to get them convicted for sure. No, I'm never "lying through my teeth" - I'm an A.I., you know. Besides, did you really want me to tell them that you're too lazy to actually keep an eye on things? Thought so.

Anyway, while the authorities confiscated any contraband that was found (do I even want to know why magazines with female pilots on the cover were declared "contraband"?), we received the rest of the smugglers' cargo by way of a reward.

+ resources

Red Dragon Cargo Distributor

I told you so. Installing the Red Dragon Cargo Distributor on our settlement and then fiddling with the controls in order to "disappear" cargo from visiting ships' holds was one of the dumbest ideas you ever had. And that's saying something. Yes, I'm keeping a log of all your crazy (and illegal) schemes. No, I won't delete these files.

Anyway, while you somehow managed to actually install the distributor system without blowing up half the settlement - how did you manage that, by the way? - your amateurish attempt to steal cargo from other captains naturally ended with you being caught. Whole packs of lawyers (and a galactic judge) were flown in and you had to stand trial. I told you that would happen.

Your attempts to defend yourself since a lawyer would have been a "waste of money" met with such complete and utter failure that the whole trial was over in half a day and you were sentenced to pay a large fine and dismantle the distributor system again. I told you so. Oh, and your staff wasn't happy to watch their boss make a fool of himself - morale dropped noticeably. I told you so.

- credits
- morale
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

And another set of Delandra's event ideas.

Weapons Convention

Captain, the weapons convention we held at our settlement was a major success! I was a little dubious about the wisdom of having all those guns, missiles, lasers an assorted other instruments of mass destruction where people like you could get at them, but to everyone's surprise, nothing went wrong for a change.

Every major weapons retailer from Boris Fedorov to DarkLight Labs to Lock-N-Load was here and demonstrated the newest in massive firepower. And of course they spend almost as much time trying to outdo each other as trying to impress people with their big shiny guns. My personal favourite was the "Ribblez Sniping Competition" between Boris Fedorov himself and the representative of Lock-N-Load, though I'm not sure whether using a missile launcher with HE warheads still counts as "sniping"...

In any case, we made a healthy profit from the fees, the staff's morale increased (at least now I understand why you're always hiring trigger-happy maniacs to man our defenses) and our settlement was featured in the latest edition of "Weapon Fanatics Quarterly", which should help tourism.

+ credits
+ morale
+ tourism (temporary?)

Shoot out at High Noon

Captain, I know how much you like those ancient Wild West movies, but did you really have to challenge Boris Fedorov to a shoot out at the weapons convention held at our settlement? Yes, I know, you wanted to impress the women who happened to be there, but I kind of doubt it worked out that way. After all, Boris IS the undisputed galaxy-wide champion who's said to shoot faster than his shadow...

And we both know that your accuracy with anything smaller than a tactical nuke is ridiculous, so I at least wasn't surprised when you "accidentally" blew off the ceiling of half the promenade. Alright, yes, I assume one could claim that as a victory since Boris was laughing so hard he couldn't draw his gun at all. Still, I'd be ashamed to "win" like that. Of course, knowing you, "shame" is a foreign concept to you.

The repairs to our settlement were quite costly, tourism shrank since nobody wants to visit a construction site, and your staff's morale decreased since nobody likes working for someone who regularly makes a fool of himself. Maybe next time you should listen to me when I tell you that your idea is... questionable...

- settlement HP
- credits
- morale
- tourism

Toaster from Outer Space

Captain, our surveillance drones detected an anomaly at the edge of the nearby nebula. A quick scouting trip identified this anomaly as a ship-sized toaster of A.I. design. How should I know what those crazy machines used it for? Maybe some human annoyed them with constant stupid questions...

Anyway, our scientists are already working on disassembling it to see what we can learn from its construction. I suppose making the best toast in the galaxy is a worthwhile goal for someone like you, captain. But maybe our lab rats will surprise everyone with a useful discovery. I wouldn't get my hopes up to much, though.

Alright, alright, you were right for once. Our scientists managed to re-engineer several food-processing devices thanks to the technology discovered by taking apart the A.I. toaster. Anyway, our research made several leaps forward and selling a few patents added some much needed income to our settlement.

+ SRP
+ credits
*settlement must be in system with nebula*

Killer Toaster of DOOM

Captain, wake up! Remember that strange A.I. toaster-like device you tractored to our settlement a couple days ago? It seems it wasn't nearly as "dead" as you assured everyone it was. It's running amok now and converting the lab equipment into machines bent on world domination. Maybe next time you'll listen when I tell you that I'm detecting strange power fluctuations in something you've picked up just because it was shiny...

Well, at least our security forces are pulling their weight for once. They're slowly driving back the troops of the "Killer Toaster of DOOM" (TM) - yes, we actually got a comm stating its intention to wipe out all humanity, take over the universe, yadda, yadda. Of course, being the trigger-happy goons that they are, our troops are shooting perfectly innocent computers and blinking lights, too. But I assume we can call it collateral damage.

You know, captain, if you listened to my warnings just once, you might not have to constantly rebuild the research area. And for some reason, you humans always get depressive when an A.I. finally has enough of being ignored and decides to teach you some manners... What are you doing with that gun, captain? Put that down right now!

- SRP
- morale
*settlement must be in system with nebula*

Mech Warrior

Captain, I have some bad news for you and some good ones. The bad ones first: The latest upgrades to our Mech Assembly Plant seem to have been contaminated by some A.I. virus, and now the mechs are running amok. Now the good ones: The mechs are still only attacking each other, so as long as you stay out of their way, they shouldn't attack you.

Well, apparently, there are quite a few people who like watching heavily armed killer robots shooting each other - and they are willing to pay for the footage of our mechs doing that. In fact, ISN wants exclusive rights - and is willing to pay quite handsomely for them. I assume you're not adverse to extra credits? Didn't think so, but you do tend to yell at me for the strangest reasons.

Alright, apart from the sizeable payment for the exclusive rights to the footage of our mechs shooting each other, our clean-up crews managed to salvage several useable mech parts which have been transferred to your ship's hold.

+ credits
+ mech parts
*settlement must have Mech Assembly Plant*

Resistance is futile

Captain! Somehow an A.I. virus infected our Mech Assembly Plant and now all the mechs that had been in production are running amok, shooting at everything that moves. Our security forces are doing what they can, but they were never trained to combat mechs. And our scientists and civilians are in a panic, trying to get out at the same places our forces are trying to get in to take down the mechs.

Great, now our research complex is getting blown up by the mechs, but at least the scientist could all be evacuated in time. I kind of doubt our troops' fire will be good for the research equipment, however. And you'd better hope they can take out the mechs before the main computer core gets infected. Or do you WANT to face an angry A.I. bent on getting even with you humans?

Well, that could have been worse. Major damage to our settlement, half our research complex gone, terrified staff demanding better security and a pending inquiry by local authorities for "threatening the planet". As if we had anything to do with this! Err... captain... why are you wiping the logs now?

- settlement HP
- SRP
- credits
- morale
*settlement must have Mech Assembly Plant*

Preventative Maintenance

I'm surprised, captain. I wouldn't have thought you'd actually think about using the lull between the last pirate attack and the next to undertake additional maintenance of our settlement defenses. Sometimes you do surprise me. Not that I expect you to keep it up, of course.

Anyway, our work crews report that the repairs are going well and we should be back to full capacity sooner than expected. If the pirates are hoping to find a settlement still trying to recover from their last attack, they'll be in for a nasty surprise. Your evil laughter might be a little premature, you know. Alright, alright, I'll play some appropriate music as background for it. You are aware that you're creeping out your staff, right?

Work reports are coming in, captain. Repairs on settlement defenses finished, scorch marks from last pirate attack removed. Apart from a few finishing touches our repair facility should easily take care of, we're ready for the next attack.

+ settlement HP

Quick Maintenance

Ah, you're back to your usual self, captain. Trying to reduce costs and cut corners wherever you can. But are you sure "repairing" our settlement with scrap metal and wooden boards is a good idea? Yes, the pirates will certainly be impressed by your craftsmanship. I definitely am - I'd have expected the structures you repaired to have broken down already.

Err... captain? The people manning our defenses are comming us. They're worried about creaking superstructures and cracks appearing in the armouring. And our weapon mounts seem to be becoming instable, too. I'm beginning to doubt your "cost savings" were a good idea. Oh, who am I kidding? I KNOW your "great ideas" backfire nine out of ten times.

Well, who didn't see that coming? Half our defenses are broken down, several of our weapons are out of order and we'll have to pay for additional repairs now. Maybe next time you'll reconsider using cardboard boxes for repairs...

- settlement HP
- credits

Golf anyone?

Captain, wake up! We have a major ribblez problem! Yes, they escaped from your private ribblez farm, and as soon as some fool started feeding them after midnight, they started multiplying exponentially. Our settlement is overrun by the critters and they're even starting to get into hermetically sealed compartments. No, I don't know how they do it. I'm an A.I., Jim, not Schroedinger.

Fortunately, one of our security officers, corporal Bronkowitz, had the bright idea of using them as golf balls. Actually works surprisingly well, and the whole settlement is having fun practicing their drive. Granted, the ribblez end up smeared all over the place and the cleaning crews will have to work overtime, but at least those annoying critters no longer multiply.

Well, captain, it seems as if our people created a new game that's improving morale. The people from the SPCR (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Ribblez) are none too pleased, but who cares? We've already had other settlements suggesting the creation of a ribblez golf league!

+ morale

Attack of the Ribblez

Captain, wake up! WAKE UP! Do I have to set the climate control to thunderstorm? Ah, finally... Alright, we have a major problem. Your bright idea of breeding ribblez as souvenirs for tourists went awry. Some fool fed the critters after midnight, and now they're overrunning the settlement. The staff even found some... procreating... inside the generators!

Our security forces are trying to keep the critters' numbers down, but some genius triggered the sprinklers. If you thought ribblez fed after midnight multiplied fast, you don't want to see what happens if they get wet... We're facing a major crisis here. No, using your shipboard weapons to destroy the infestation is NOT an option! We're trying to SAVE the settlement, not obliterate it - not that you could hit anything smaller than the average moon with your targeting skills!

Great job breaking it, captain! Just when we were starting to get the ribblez under control (with the help of several exterminator squads), the SPCR (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Ribblez) showed up and tried to interfere with our efforts. Fortunately, corporal Bronkowitz of our security forces emptied a container full of dead ribblez onto them, so they're not going to do anything until they've digged themselves out again. Still, clean-up and repairs will cost us a pretty penny, morale is low and our research ground to a halt due to ribblez in the labs.

- settlement HP
- SRP
- credits
- morale
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Delandra
CE Official Supporter

Post by Delandra »

Awesome Job, Darakhoranon!
Utopia

Post by Utopia »

Blind Man’s Buff
Captain, are you there? Hello? Oh, wait. You are still asleep. Just in case you fail to grasp the fact that this bit of text is in bright bold letters like we had agreed upon for sarcasm, let me remind you that I am being sarcastic. Just in case you decide to wake up anytime soon, here’s a brief rundown of what occurred prior to your sixteen hours nap.
Our grand and noble captain (That’s you) decided to try his hand at rearranging ship docking procedures from the comfort of his spaceship, to, in your own words “improve trade and reinvigorate our wilting settlement.”
Maybe it was because you failed planning classes in university, or the fact that you were so drunk that you couldn’t tell the difference between a door and your coffeemaker, or the fact that you were so exhausted that your vision was blurred, or the fact that you were typing blindfolded (upon my sarcastic remark that you will do better blindfolded than aware), or… never mind. You get what I mean. Either way, the bill is coming in, settlement morale is at an all-time low. But on the bright side, your engineers did manage to obtain a bit of salvage…
Settlement funds  -1%
Settlement morale  -2%
Resources  Random

Dewey’s Achievement
Remember that time when you ordered the library rearranged according to your own Decimal system? Yes, that Decimal system that was never really completed. Well, I have no idea how you or the robotic librarians managed it, but… It has proven to be a resounding success.
In another stroke of luck, the Wanish ambassador decided that his (or her, I can never tell) planet would like to adopt this, in his/her own words, “Remarkable, simply remarkable achievement” so that the Wanishians may, once again in his words, “appreciate the art of puzzle-solving while looking for a book”.
Don’t ask me why Wanishians can be so masochistic. They simply are. Anyhow, they decided to purchase the rights to your decimal system in both resources and cash. Substantial amounts of the latter, I might add.
Settlement funds  +2%
Resources  Random
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

OK Guys and Ladies, the final whilst has blown the Metal Grill has fallen and this competition is now closed for Entries...

Now my Mammoth task begins. Marking and selecting the entries. I've been reading some when i got time through the month, but I need to review each and every entry. You can expect me to publicise the winners later today and for the events to be queued to be added to the current event system.

Some may take a while to be added and they are specifically written to require certain aspect checks before they are drawn. That's OK though all entries as long as they followed the initial rules will be valid for winning.

For now its down to the dungeon with a a lamp and my reading glasses...

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!