Guild Disband

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Guild Disband

Post by Coops »

Just to be clear there IS a WARNING Screen :
You have selected to Disband your guild. Disbanding the guild will have the following consequences:

The Guild Bank will be Emptied
The Guild Store will be Emptied
All guild members will be mailed a notification.

If there are items in the Guild Store, or credits in the Guild Bank, these will all be LOST

Are you REALLY SURE that you want to DISBAND your Guild?
CE is big on allowing you to make your own choices and adding yet more 'care-bare' code is not what I really want to spend my time doing. I will in this instance look into recovering this particular guild as it was an honest mistake, but guys please don't jump up and down asking for a "Are you really, really sure?" screen. It's not going to happen. The warning is clear and concise and can ONLY be done by the Guild leader.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The Freelancer Guild has been recovered from a back up yesterday morning (It was deleted just after the evening back up). Those players who were members should reapply to join or contact the Guild Leader.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Ever have 'one of those mornings' ? Trying to watch the Grand Prix and the Puppies are creating merry havoc and the dish washer didn't work last night, the washing machine refuses to close properly and players hate you :)

Been less than an hour and already I've had 8 PM's asking me to reconsider my post about 'carebear' attitude. Well I know when I'm beaten so I have popped on to live and added a system to stop players accidentally deleting their Guilds.

There is now a check on that screen BEFORE it displays the final set of warnings and offering the chance to disband. This new check will see if you are the ONLY member of your Guild. IE the last man standing to flick the switch and sink the ship. If it detects anyone still in the Guild other than yourself it will stop the rest of the process happening and inform you why.

So from now on if you WANT to disband your Guild you will need to 'kick' all of your members first. This removes ANY chance of accidentally deleting a Guild.

Can I please get back on with my Sunday coding now? and for those of you that were more than a little Rude... same to you too :shock:

Coops
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

Thank you Coops for restoreing Freelancer guild again.
and I like the new Guild disbanned policey will mean we don't by mistake able to do that and right way to do the guild disband :)
Thanks for all the member who agreed on the guild changes and were supporting the thread suggestion .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

8 messages in one hour? wow. I wonder, why not comment on forum...

And shame on you, Rude People.
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

wow, not brave enough to take what they give, huh?
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

The Church of Rexx still awaits all you devout followers of Style and Grace....Go Ahead: Push those "Disband Guild" Buttons NOW and everyone is welcome to apply to my church........bonus if you are female and wearing your Astro Yoga pants! <Thumbs Up>
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Rexx Shredd wrote:bonus if you are female and wearing your Astro Yoga pants! <Thumbs Up>
Weren't they banned under the Geneva Convention?
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

fortunately, the geneva convention completely and utterly fails to cover anything that is not a declared state of war between two members which have signed and ratified the treaties.....

fun fact, did you know that the USA has no legal obligation to not use hollowpoints and/or chemical warfare in times of war? it's just tradition!