Help The Dev - CE Guides

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Coops
Site Admin

Help The Dev - CE Guides

Post by Coops »

Inside CE on the CE Guides tab there are a number of Guides. These are varied in their format but there to help aid new players with the most basic questions and answers.

These have accumulated over time and it's been brought to my attention that some are now out of date or incomplete. Plus I'm sure we could add a bunch more as well by now.

I'm looking to put together a Small Team of Players to help clean these up / replacing / updating etc. I'm also looking for new guides you feel 'should' be added.

If you'd like to take part simply contact me here on the forums. (open a Private message). I will then gather those that offer those services and PM you as a group. That way you can then discuss / divvy up the guides you want to work on.

This will be a collaborative effort and you will need to be willing to work with others to get the job done.
Anyone interested please contact me IN the Forums by Private Message.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Marcus

Re: Help The Dev - CE Guides

Post by Marcus »

Love this idea. While i read this i also wonder, at some point, if the NPC missions in Sphere can be updated as well. I assume the ones that give implant rewards are still active?
I have no knowledge of code or such, so i can not help out in this, but i think updating the Player Guides missions is a great idea.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I like the idea, Coops :)

But, there are many Help sources:

- Guides (you mentioned)
- FAQ (As outdated as guides)
- Wiki
- Help pages (help.php, opend by "?" icon, located at bottom of the screen, near clock) - as outdated as guides
- maybe beginner missions, as Marcus said.

It would be nice, but not sure if doable, to have all text in one place, an links in other. It would be nice if we use WIKI as base.

PRO
- easy to modify by us, less burden to Devs
- relatively easy interface
- crosslinks between topics
- less redundant informations
- easier to manage changes

CONS
- Vandalism possible
- ???
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

pikolinianita wrote:I like the idea, Coops :)
It would be nice, but not sure if doable, to have all text in one place, an links in other. It would be nice if we use WIKI as base.
Nothing stopping players updating the wiki, sadly it also is outdated in lots of places, usually due to the same issues that plague in game and wiki responses.

I'm currently looking to updater the Official Game responses and help sections. Don't forget the Wiki is not run by the Devs or Staff (other than adding accounts when requested to stop vandalism).

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Marcus wrote:Love this idea. While i read this i also wonder, at some point, if the NPC missions in Sphere can be updated as well. I assume the ones that give implant rewards are still active?
I have no knowledge of code or such, so i can not help out in this, but i think updating the Player Guides missions is a great idea.
Should those that 'contact me' wish to do so yes we can also revisit NPC missions where they may be 'out of date'. The Implant ones were revisited shortly after the last set of changes to do with Implants.

Coops
jcheung
CE Official Supporter

Post by jcheung »

I'd say that Marcus should join the group, if he thinks missions are outdated :P
Especially since the coding is going to be handled by Coops, and the information is all that will be required of whomever is reviewing this stuff :roll:
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Still looking for Players / Staff who would like to take part in a short term / long term role of helping me sort out the guides, update, add, etc...

So far we have two members stepped forward. Send me a PM here so you can be added to the group when we start.

Coops
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

i'll help out....i tried to do more in depth ones for the guild for the likes of deralicts....

the 101 and one things not to do in CE is a great guide but it could do with a running order re-vamp and the best all in one guide i have found for level 1 - 40 is the 'so you wanna be a pirate' guide....

:D