Nebula Harvesters - A Question...

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Zoorland

Re: Nebula Harvesters - A Question...

Post by Zoorland »

I won't bother telling you how much I hate the "spend Biofuel" option because that's already been withdrawn, but it did theoretically address one of the biggest issues with Harvester management - the number of clicks. Look, I know I go on about this a lot, but there are an inordinate number of clicks required for a lot of parts of this game.

But, at least for Nebula Mining, I do have a suggestion. Not one I expect you'll (be able to?) implement, but what the heck. You asked. On the main overview/management page, each deployed harvester is allocated one "line" of text with the amount of dyz on board, the amount of resources in the hopper, the name of the resource it’s mining, a recall button, and whatnot. Just make that two lines each to give yourself more space and then add two buttons: Deposit Fuel and Empty Hopper.

Deposit Fuel is a one-click move of all the Dyzalithium Fuel from your cargo bay into the Harvester, up to its maximum capacity. Empty Hopper is a one-click fill of your cargo hold with resources from the hopper, up to your capacity. Same things you can do by entering the individual management screen for each harvester, just faster. Easier. Less frustrating.

This simple addition saves 4 to 5 clicks on every visit. Not every full refuel and/or full empty, every single visit while refueling / emptying. That can easily be ten to twenty visits every time you manage each harvester - and with many people running multiple harvesters, that's potentially hundreds of clicks per person per harvester management session. That has to help your servers out somehow.

Every time something like this is brought up you say those extra clicks - wherever they are for the suggestion in question - are important for security... somehow... but consider it, yeah? Please.

Anyway, I'm gonna be, uhh... over there. Mining something.
STONE
CE Official Supporter

Re: Nebula Harvesters - A Question...

Post by STONE »

I have a few Harvesters including the CES 2 which when I run harvesters is the one I usually use now...Now Coops if you were to say they could draw Dyz fuel from the closest commercial store I would most likely run all my harvesters more often as that would cut the numbers of clicks by half which seems to be the biggest complaint on harvesters ...But for using my precious Bio-fuel? Noooo you can't have my Precious!
Settlement Shenandoah, Sayet System V-P
"Brace yourself for immediate disintegration."