Mechs Unleashed

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Mechs Unleashed

Post by Gus Givens »

Hi viewers, I'm Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the galaxies right here, right now. We will shortly be bringing you all the news from the Miners Union Annual Meeting. But first, we sent Bex gregory over to Grelia to witness some of the action coming out of the Mech Combat Town.

Thanks Mike, yes I'm Bex Gregory here at Grelia in Drakos casting an eye over all that's happening in the combat sectors. For those viewers who don't know, the combat town is divided into 3 sectors. Alpha sector is the only one in use at the moment but the other 2 will be opened up as more and more mech commanders gain the points needed to move up. Earlier in the day I watched an interesting battle taking place between 3 mechs which left me quite breathless, beautifully constructed machines scarred, torn and twisted into lumps of scrap metal by lasers, missiles, electro-magnetic weapons and kinetic projectiles. The devastation caused by these A.I controlled machines was awesome to watch as shop fronts, street lights and buildings were pummeled, bashed and destroyed as the mechs tried to engage each other. I was lucky enough to catch up with Varin Yowt, mech spokesman and leading light behind getting this project up and running.

Hi Varin, let me begin by congratulating on the combat town, it's quite a sight. Is everything going to plan?

Hi Bex, thanks, the town is something we took a long time planning. There are numerous entry points and lots of places where sneaky mechs can hide and evade and lots of wide open spaces where the mechs can get in there and rip each other to pieces. As far as everything going to plan, well we always knew it would take some time for mech construction to get under way. But there are quite a few captains out there who have or who are working towards mech construction and we look forward to having a full mech arena soon, can you imagine the noise? It's going to be something spectacular.

Thank you Varin. Well this is Bex Gregory reporting from the mech combat town on Grelia, back to you Mike.

Thanks Bex. Wow, wish I could have been there but I'll just have to settle for stadium tickets. Now over to The Miners Union Annual Meeting where mining lasers are the hottest topic of conversation.