Level Seven Looms

This section covers latest updates and changes within the game. Posts here are made by the Developers and if you only read 1 Section - make it this one!
Coops
Site Admin

Level Seven Looms

Post by Coops »

Seeing as I've been head down in lines of code for a while now I figured it time to raise my head and let you in on a few things coming next.

I made a reply to a post last week that got me about 20 private messages asking all kinds of questions :) But one thing that my post made clear was that before we can move forward with certain elements your all waiting on we need to enable Settlements to grow.

By this I mean beyond level Six. My plans long term are to allow settlements to continue to grow probably up to level 10 eventually placing a hard cap around about there.

Getting a settlement TO level Six is a mean enough task but one that has been accomplished by over 70 of you so far and with another 119 at level Five we can see the need to increase the ceiling on these.

Level Seven Settlements and Beyond will become the power houses of the Core-Exiles game. Each one will be able (regardless of Level Six Spec) to begin to place more buildings geared up to the defence of the Galaxies and the overthrowing of the AI threat.

Long term Settlements will be the go to place for Starbase owners to 'order' their add-ons and structures required to make their starbase a strong hold and bastion of defence and economic power house.

Only Settlements level Seven and above we be able to house these new buildings and services and also only level Seven and above will eventually be able to be home to a Corporation.

Whilst I'm still hammering out Corporations players will eventually be able to create, stock and run a corporation of their own. Your own mini fleet of vessels.

But for now....

One thing any level six owner will want to ensure is that they have a 'Bunker' installed on their settlement. If unsure of what that is

READ HERE (new Window)

The bunker will be essential as new major power units will be released this Christmas to enable settlements to move to level seven and power the new buildings that will be required and sought after.

Staffing Level Seven and Beyond
I have a new twist in the tail for settlements levelling above Six. We will be implementing a new add-on (required to level to seven) which will once levelled mean all staffing requirements will be automated by the Settlement A.I. You will no longer need to worry yourself about staff, skill types or SPS levels etc, you will simply have to 'meet the bills' each month.

Up to level Seven nothing changes, you need your staff and life continues as it was. But seven and above things change dramatically :) Of course this will Free up thousands of staff for those grappling around trying to find the 'right staff'.

So a little 'Coops head above the wall' discourse and a few titbits to give you all something to discuss :)

And yes this still means we will be having an AI warboard and Starbases but we are hammering out a path atm and Level Seven Sets comes First.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!