Inside the Cockpit

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Inside the Cockpit

Post by Gus Givens »

hi viewers, I'm Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the galaxies right here, right now. Shortly we will be bringing you all the latest fashion news from Yaralista. But first we bring you a special report from our acclaimed, award winning sports reporter Ayrkuhl Platini. Over to you Ayrkuhl.

Thanks Mike. Hi folks, and welcome to a very special mini series that takes a look into the life of one of the most respected and charismatic sports personalities in the Galaxy, Scott Killane.

As a resident of Messor I grew up watching and have always followed Wave Riding, My links to the sporting world have always kept me close to the biggest names, but this was different. I have been invited by one of the true greats to give an insight into what it takes to win the WWWC six years in a row. Over the next few weeks we will see every aspect of his life, we will see inside his home, meet his team and even take a trip into the pitlane for one of his races. But first he is going to show us around his garage, and so we go "Inside the Cockpit".

Well Scott, this certainly is quite the facility, how much does a facility like this set you back?

First off Ayr, the money comes sec....sec.......sorry, I cant even bring myself to say it. It is merely a bonus that allows me to do what is required to win again and again. So the cost is irrelevant.
Nevertheless it is great to be allowed inside this amazing place, I have to say it is much more organised and emptier than I thought it would be..........in fact, where is your ship, the Victorious?
HEY BERTRAND, SWITCH OFF THE CLOAK! We have have been testing a new cloaking device, more a toy than a practical use, and we haven't even been cleared to use it yet, but racers can't hit what they can't see right? One of the keys to winning is being one step ahead....all the time!

I have to say she is something very special, half Katar, half Lance, very, very impressive, tell me, how much work do you do yourself?

I have to be honest, Without my team I would struggle, though I build the team, and it contains only one thing......Winners, someone even mentions the "L word" and they are out, if I am part of a team of winners, then I am a winner myself.

So how much work is left to be done?

There is always work left to be done Ayr. As you know we have a race on Welling to prepare for, we need to do checks, drills, get spare parts.........failure to prepare is preparing to fail. Everyone knows their task and as long as we all pull our weight, we will be ready and we will win.

Speaking of the team, can we meet a few of them?

Sure thing champ, this is my chief mechanic Arthur Yaw, he has been there done that and has a hunger for winning that nearly rivals my own and this is his assistant Dom McCready. Over there is Bertrand Klauber, he is my technical device manager, he is responsible for everything technical on the ship, they invent it and he fits it. And finally my head of research, Lindsay Beaufort, a graduate of Messor Institute of Technology, she is vital for keeping me one step ahead, and sometimes one step is all you need.

Well thanks for that Scott.

What a fascinating view inside his world, and next time out we will chat to some of the team and get their views on what it is like to work for a genuinely class guy. Stay Tuned!

Ayrkuhl out.

Wow, what a report eh viewers? Be sure not to miss the next installment of 'Inside the Cockpit'. And now over to Yaralista where this seasons colours are apparently....blue and amber.