Overwhelmed by all the buttons!

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Malikai

Overwhelmed by all the buttons!

Post by Malikai »

Hey all,
Just looking for some tips and tricks for some good ways to get started. So far I have a mining laser and a crappy gattling gun. I have no idea what I'm doing though lol.
Zoorland

Re: Overwhelmed by all the buttons!

Post by Zoorland »

Best way to do anything: press all of the buttons! :D

Seriously, though, try out everything. There is so much to do in this game and you'll never know what bits you enjoy and what bits you don't without trying them all for a few levels. Spend a couple levels doing combat. Spend a couple levels hauling cargo. Spend a couple levels mining. Then realize that mining is the best and it's the only one that matters! :p Haha, no, but do give it all a good shake. If you're one of those types who loves crafting things and selling them, we have a huge crafting system as well as engineering pods if you have an active Premium Account, which is very easy to get. You can buy it in the cash shop, of course, but also you can trade for it in-game at the Festive Stores or earn it by voting for the game. Or just check the forums regularly, since Coops literally gives months of premium away for free sometimes.

An important early step is to get some Extractors and start bringing in free resources. You have to use Personal Extracts at first, but can later upgrade to Commercial and eventually Industrial Extractors that bring in more resources per hour. You place these at ORSA sites located on some planets and settlements. Resource plots have a time limit and Extractors have a maximum amount of resources that they can hold, so you do need to check on them periodically, but usually only once every few days at most. Later you'll have other options like mining drones and nebulae harvesters, but worry about getting your extractor fleet going first. :)
Malikai

Post by Malikai »

Lol I did indeed push all da buttons. My mission tabs are not working so I'm a little unsure how to fix that. I'm a blind player and I turned on the VI mode, but the 4 tabs won't open.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Malikai wrote:Lol I did indeed push all da buttons. My mission tabs are not working so I'm a little unsure how to fix that. I'm a blind player and I turned on the VI mode, but the 4 tabs won't open.
May be worth asking this question (about the tabs) in the Visually Impaired Forum section as we have plenty of Blind players who do play CE - over 60 + known VI players now (and no I'm not referring to those of you NOT VI using it as you hate mouse overs lol)

I know its very much dependant on the screen reader you use, but the ones we had VI players test on during early beta testing of the tabs did manage it. So may just be a knack.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Malikai

Post by Malikai »

@Coops. I did manage to figure it out thanks to Sparky. It just needed an obscure key. Never would have figured it out if not for him lol.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Glad to know you got it sorted Malikai and a thanks to our Resident 'Sparky' :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!