MLRS on SpaceShip

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
pikolinianita

MLRS on SpaceShip

Post by pikolinianita »

How? How is it possible? Launcher on medium truck can fire 40 rockets in one salvo, and my huge ship only single one? It's not fair! lol

So far we have two kinds of rockets - light (compatibile with python 1) and Heavy (Other ones). Can we have more Launchers, including multiple rocket launchers? Best rocket is lvl 70, so what about Cobra launcher (two Light Rockets) and Cobra 2 Launcher (Two Heavy rockets) for levels 100 and 130, respectively? And Mambas, three rockets, light (for level 140) and Heavy (for lvl 170)?
mropso

Re: MLRS on SpaceShip

Post by mropso »

Someone uses Missiles :o .
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

mropso wrote:Someone uses Missiles :o .
They have their uses*. Especially for higher level players wishing to join in attacks on the new smaller RAIDs.

The suggestion looks good to me.

*And their users.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

Most combat and damage systems are abstract- how much energy does it take to do 500 damage? You can say the launcher fires one missile, or you can say it uses 1 unit of ammunition and can fire any number of missiles you want. That said, I like the idea of launchers that fire larger salvos like you've presented here. I would like to see them available at slightly lower levels, but I'm kind of biased ;)
A plaque on both your horses.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

I'd say missiles need a major overhaul anyway - they simply don't have any real use right now. They're much too expensive (chance of misfire, i.e. NO damage done at all) for too little actual/reliable damage. It's cheaper and more efficient to simply use a gun instead. And you have a secondary use for your energy/kinetic skill in the salvage guns, too.

Multiple missiles per salvo might be an option here - done right, it would turn missile combat into a riskier tactic (costly misfires) but also one with potentially high rewards (chance to end almost any combat in only three rounds or so). Difficult to balance, especially in view of the fact that gun combat seems to be reasonably balanced, but still worth thinking about.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

Introduce new type of enemy ships or rework existing type that has a unique loot table. Then give them huge shields and weak armour/hull. They should also be very shield matrix happy with less restriction on their use (i.e. could use as many as they want or something along that line). Win! :D
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

... Or just special SubClass of AI Vessels - MotherShips, laying deep into Nebulae, Where Human ships cannot reach (even Player Made ones), but Special Designed Missiles can.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

I agree that there should be more flexibility with missiles and the current system.
There are some seriously hard core ships out there, so having a multiple launch missile option or some other bad arse missiles would be cool.
Level 150 plus missiles, just imagine the damage they would do!
Take care guys.
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)