Combat ships after level 40

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Combat ships after level 40

Post by Jager 602 »

Just something that sparked my curiosity on the approach to level 60 and thoughts of purchasing a new vessel- I read through the forums after looking at the ship descriptions in the depository, and it appears that 'combat' ships disappear after about level 40, replaced by 'multi-role' ships. Was it always this way, or was this something that changed after PM ships were introduced? One post indicated that some old designs were going to be removed, but doesn't list the ships or their stats. I haven't really looked at PM ships either, so I don't know if they made the old line of combat ships obsolete or if combat and multi-role ships started to look too similar at higher levels, or some other reason. Just was curious was all...
A plaque on both your horses.
pikolinianita

Re: Combat ships after level 40

Post by pikolinianita »

not really :) There are Combat ships from lvl 50 to 100 (more or less)

but for most players combat is less important than hauling. Best enrtry class (Ventris, lvl 45 I think) has bigger cargo bay than any Combat ship, and better Combat Ship than any hauler. Next milestone is lvl 100 there is first PM multirole Ship, which is better hauler than any hauler, and is better in combat than any Combat ship.

So my way was Ventris when I could afford it, then multirole, as I was unable to build Combat PM Ship before lvl 90.

So having Combat PM Ship is for very dedicated fighters, or for very rich players :)

here you can see that Combat ships exist, but are very rare (those with "sale value = 0 are player made)
http://stats.core-exiles.com/ship_stat.php
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

Well, in the Data Repository the last ship classified as 'combat' is at level 40; after that all DR ships are all listed as 'multi-role' or 'hauler'. I know PM ships tend to have much better stats than their standard counterparts, but I wasn't sure if the classification change to the standard ships after level 40 was intentional.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

There are verecian Ships (Revered Combat and Peace Keepers) for higher levels.
I've never put attention to regular Ships, lol.
XPLODE

Post by XPLODE »

There are a bunch of ships missing in the CEDR and the stats portal, at least that's what i remember from researching this for myself a long time ago.

But i would recommend a ventris chassis ship,
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Regarding the PM ships, Below are the Chassis stats for the Ventris and the first 4 combat ships. These do not include the frames or any module add-ons. As piko said, moving from Ventris to a low-level combat ship costs you cargo space. It also costs you a lot of energy which means that the small gain you get on armour and hull are offset by smaller shields and weapons. I generally recommend getting the best Ventris you can for your level and running that for 30-40 levels before thinking about a new ship.
Ship Chassis Armour Hull Energy Cargo Spd
Chassis Ventris 2300 2200 6000 345 17
Chassis Azores 2200 2500 3600 210 20
Chassis Corsav 2300 2600 3800 215 25
Chassis Malakai 2400 2800 3900 220 30
Chassis Moccasin 2500 3000 6000 250 35
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Post by Jager 602 »

Well, I've got a little time to mull it over. If I'm reading the stats in the CE store right, there's quite a bit of variation possible...
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

Here is ship designer:

viewtopic.php?t=1095

Few cliks and you can get stats for any Ship/modules combination. But no store prices :(