Captain Blurry' lucky escape

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Captain Blurry' lucky escape

Post by Gus Givens »

by Mike Fingal on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:26 am

Hi viewers, I'm Mike Fingal bringing you all the news from around the Galaxies right here, right now. We are going straight into our main story today of Captain Blurry and her amazing near fatal accident which would have seen the Sphere lose one of its most loved and respected captains. We now go over to our roving reporter Bex Gregory,on location, in Beud.

Hi Mike. Yes, I'm here with Captain Blurry who luckily survived a hit from a rogue comet in the Beud system just a few short hours ago. Captain Blurry perhaps you would like to tell us in your own words what exactly happened?

I had just picked up a few trade missions from Jeilt and was on my way to the jumpgate when I heard this terribly loud crunching noise and felt an impact very similar to one of those nasty shield penetrators RAIDs throw at you every so often. The AI alerted me that we had been hit by a comet, and though we lost a considerable amount of control over electrical and mechanical systems, I was able to dock safely back at Jeilt with the help of the AI, and have my ship repaired. The damage to my hull and armour was extensive, the worst the repair team had ever seen. In fact they said I was lucky to be alive.

And will this close encounter affect how you operate at all?

Not particularly; I don't expect this sort of thing to become a common occurrence.

And finally, do you have any advice for any new Captains out there who might benefit from your vast experience?

Don't get too upset with your AI over all the silly messages it sends you. It will come in handy someday!

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us Captain Blurry. This is Bex Gregory reporting for ISN, back to you Mike.

Thanks Bex, and now we go live to the Fieron system to bring you an update on the all the market trading news.