August - Tell them what you think and Win!

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Coops
Site Admin

Re: August - Tell them what you think and Win!

Post by Coops »

Thanks for the feedback Sukayo & Siddharth - PA and Festive Packs awarded.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
moshe

Post by moshe »

the last time i played the game was 10 years ago , had to stop to join the army .
now after i found and old url to the site i am playeing each day and can't stop ,
so much was added to the game that i didn't know where to start,
keep the good work Coops.
Blythe
CE Official Supporter

Post by Blythe »

There's so much to like about this game. One of the great things is that it's constantly evolving. The Dev's always seem to have something new in the works. Sometimes it's a whole new aspect to the game, sometimes it's an expansion of an existing game element. Either way, the changes always add a new challenge or goal to the game and there's a mad rush to be among the first to conquer it. It keeps the game fresh and keeps the players interested and coming back for more. I also really like how the Dev's LISTEN to the ideas and suggestions of their player base. It's a very organic process and the Dev's are really responsive to player input and are very creative in incorporating it into the game in a balanced way. I think this gives the players a sense of ownership in the game and makes them feel like they are involved not just as players but in steering its future.
steekay

Post by steekay »

August 5 2010! That is when I begun my journey back there in the Feris system, Sphere. I was 13 then and got hooked immediately. I never liked these main stream shoot-them-all bloody main stream games, but i already loved intelligent science fiction. And there Core-Exiles was, a smart game where i could make my way at my pace, and where i could choose various paths. I had to slow down considerably since, because of my studies, etc. But I am always keeping my presence alive.

Now I am 18 and I keep coming almost daily to make sure that my 2 settlements are still in good shape, because i know i will end up being more active again, reconnect with the other captains through IRC, and will definitely want to do so more than just hauling, extracting and mining. I did not make the 6th level move yet, but I know i will.

Long live to Core-Exiles where i foresee yet more great moments in the years to come :) Thank you Coops!
soarin24

Post by soarin24 »

i been here about an 1 year and an half and when i first started out it was confusing but now awesome and i love how you been updating the game keep up the good work
STONE
CE Official Supporter

Post by STONE »

I've been kind of goofing off tending my garden and such only running quickly through the game pushing buttons on the console, feeding the SNARG making sure the lights stay on but otherwise not devoting my usual time to the game.
But that's ok this is Core-Exiles this game is still there right where i left it ready and waiting to take off again. Everytime i log in there's something new going on to catch up on.
This game lets you work at your own pace and thats what i think is the best about this game. CE has been here for ten years and I hope Coops can keep it here for another ten.
Settlement Shenandoah, Sayet System V-P
"Brace yourself for immediate disintegration."
Marhsan
CE Official Supporter

Post by Marhsan »

Its pretty good. Been here since SU (this was CE before it became CE). What makes this game fun is the ton of content, but you can play as much or as little as you want. None of the "gotta get em all" or "get the just released bling bling NOW!" of other games. Plus staff and players actually help the new players (and old ones), instead of just saying "noob" and ignoring them. Granted, the ton of content might be overwhelming for players fresh off the ship, but there are a lot of folks to help the newbies get started.

Plus! You can also troll a certain Rexx for the lolz!
Ravenwood240

Post by Ravenwood240 »

I found this game ... um, years ago now. It's been so long I don't even remember what I was playing then, or who I heard about CE from, but I do know that of all the games I've played over the years, CE is the only one I'm still coming back to. Pay for play or free games, CE is the only one with enough different things to, missions to fulfill and people to meet to keep me interested.

Capt. Ravenwood
Forestblade
Currently attempting to reduce the vermin population in Rothenthi.
It's only Life or Death, Don't take it so Seriously.
bolcien

Post by bolcien »

Been here for about 2 years now, it's alot to take in but take one aspect you like and run with it, be it making stuff, doing cargo runs, or PVP, or many of the other things I'm not aware of. I myself am a cargo runner. just don't go losing yourself in it, I've lost days just playing CE.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I have been playing for a while now and I have to say that I really like the fact that there is something here for everyone.Once you decide what you like you can work on mastering it and then if you get bored with that you can start something totally new and not miss a beat.