What is going on with this game?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Coops
Site Admin

Re: What is going on with this game?

Post by Coops »

MarcSp wrote:
But ponder the second half of my post: exactly how does a level 25 player come up with 1 billion credits in 10 days???
Hannah was a returning player from old, whom I suspect was owed funds from many players who are still with us from that time period as she was a very generous player. I know several players on her return were returning borrowed items from her previous play time and sending her back payments.

Not everything is a mystery or something to poke sticks at and say 'Burn' :)

Have a great holiday and fear not I wont let the community kill the economy toooo much whilst your gone :)

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

MarcSp wrote:The economic model in CE is so broken that its not really legitimate to refer to it as an economy.
If this is truly the case, how would you go about fixing it? I have suggested a few ideas to Coops of late about this but would require a entire re-write of the game and starting from scratch so not really options.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

I will make this comment then run for the hills to escape the mob which might be following me...

what about something like a RL tax system? there are lots to borrow ideas from.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Holiday wrote:I will make this comment then run for the hills to escape the mob which might be following me...

what about something like a RL tax system? there are lots to borrow ideas from.
This one might be an interesting place to start.
An act to allow a drawback of the duties of customs on the exportation of tea or oil to any of his Majesty's colonies or plantations in America; to increase the deposit on bohea tea to be sold at the East India Company's sales; and to empower the commissioners of the treasury to grant licenses to the East India Company to export tea duty-free.
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Albert Ross
CE Official Supporter

Post by Albert Ross »

Yes I to have noticed NEW CHARACTERS flying past me in credits and such but I enjoy the game with the little niggles as in real life. I have found those who cheat or take advantage of loopholes do not enjoy the game like we who play the rules. They get to the top so quickly that they get bored and need to start again as someone new, again and again.......BOARING! (Yes the "A" stays.)