A second engine?

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

A second engine?

Post by 5hortpants »

Hey all!

So here goes a suggestion from a complete newbie- I would sell my grandmother's Rigglez for a ship with two engine slots. Does such a thing exist?

Proceed to rip my idea to shreds.... and GO!

5hortpants
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Re: A second engine?

Post by Pablem »

All ships have one engine. You can improve the engine, but you cannot have more than one.

I suspect the gaseous by-products of a second bio-fuel engine would require a complete rework of all of the environmental systems and significantly reduce the space available for other purposes. It might work if you were an alien and could breathe that stink...but not for us.

As an out-of-game note, it would also wreak havoc with the game balance since fuel is the underlying "resource" that must be managed.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
5hortpants
CE Official Supporter

Post by 5hortpants »

Pablem wrote:All ships have one engine. You can improve the engine, but you cannot have more than one.

I suspect the gaseous by-products of a second bio-fuel engine would require a complete rework of all of the environmental systems and significantly reduce the space available for other purposes. It might work if you were an alien and could breathe that stink...but not for us.

As an out-of-game note, it would also wreak havoc with the game balance since fuel is the underlying "resource" that must be managed.
Yeah, sure, its impossible AND a terrible idea, but HOW COOL WOULD IT BE!!

Thanks, Pablem!
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

You start the game with a bio 1 engine, but better engines are available through the CE store. The idea of a second engine is sweet, the engines provided offer more than enough. :)
Welcome to the game btw.
sirfoxey
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by sirfoxey »

You will find after a while of playing the game and getting one of the top two engines on your account that you are not needing more. As you will spend your time doing a mixture of fuel burning and non-fuel burning tasks generating your XP and that most players are fine with a level 5 engine. The game is very well balanced and rarely should you be short on fuel, you will likely end up storing some fuel and using it at a later date.
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sparky »

A second engine would be nice pal but I would also like a second cargo hold LOL
I never have enough cargo space!
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
Zoorland

Post by Zoorland »

Haha, I've always wanted a fourth System slot (must equip more Asteroid Scanners!), myself.

I'm jealous of you, though, sirfoxey. I wish I was at the point where I didn't run out of Fuel. :/