Store - show minimum captain level and purpose in item list

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
FlyingFish

Store - show minimum captain level and purpose in item list

Post by FlyingFish »

Trying to find stuff in the CE store can be really frustrating.

I was looking up Mako devices because a friend recommended them. I might never have gotten around to looking at these otherwise, because it's not obvious what they do. In the item list, the description is the first few words of an advertising blurb, and identical for all items of a class. In this case: "The Mako Device line is the advancement of the th...". So there is no clue of its function.

After you click on one item in a class to figure out what it is, then you have to click on each version of the object to go in and see the captain level and its effect. If I have something else to do with my day, it's likely I won't get that far.

The advertising copy is fun and typical Coops, definitely keep it in the link for the object. But it doesn't help in the listings.

I suggest changing the box that describes an item to include minimum captain level and effects. Replace the advertising bit with information:

Mako Device Type 1 (existing header)
------------------
Multi-use Pod
Captain level 55
Energy + 1000 : Cargo Space + 35 : Speed + 10 : Pod Points 6
-------------------
Price / special (existing price section)

This is an issue for all the store items, I just picked this pod because I was interested in it at the moment. I still haven't made it through the ship chassis listings.
pikolinianita

Re: Store - show minimum captain level and purpose in item list

Post by pikolinianita »

It could be good idea, but
1) All Pods (and other items) are in CE Data Repository, with level Requirements.

2) For chassis: see post from old forum, http://coreexilesforum.com/index.php?th ... roup.2323/
There is spreadsheed which allows you to design your ship easily (All credits to creator, Soxaldinho, I suppose)
FlyingFish

Post by FlyingFish »

Thanks Piko! That is a great spreadsheet, I've been looking for that information. Would there be any objection to posting it in the Wiki, minus his prices of course?

As to having info in CEDR, yes that is a lot better, but it doesn't have the stats in the list. And we shouldn't need to go to the CEDR to help us use the store.
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I think you can post to wiki.

did you noticed that data about Armour bonus of each armour component is written white font on white background?
FlyingFish

Post by FlyingFish »

Yes, it showed up when I highlighted it to copy :lol: