Win Another 20 Festive Tokens!

Check out the regular competitions section. We always have something on the go. Old hand or New Player, don't miss out on winning a prize!
Shinter
Retired Staff

Re: Win Another 20 Festive Tokens!

Post by Shinter »

I know at least a few of the guilds organize Guild attacks on the pirate RAIDs, so it would be kind of cool if all the guild members could gather at a starbase beforehand, and this would give them some kind of buff for actually attacking the RAID, or some bonus afterwards. Maybe once gathered (docked at the starbase), a guild officer presses some button that tags every docked member and selects a specific RAID target. Those tagged members get a boost to the experience/credits they earn once the RAID is defeated, and maybe even some reward is sent to the guild itself to distribute on top of the existing rewards for taking part.

Might even have starbases track individual guilds RAID stats, and make those viewable to anyone who docks, so different guilds can compete over things like that.
Diarri

Post by Diarri »

Some kind of training facility, to help gaining xp and leveling up, maybe different for newbies, medium players and seniors. It could be in the form of NPC missions. Cooperation between guild players needed to finish them would be great though I have no idea how it should look in practice... :)
Thorgil

Post by Thorgil »

The first thing I imagine to find in a starbase is...
A dock repair for a Space Fleet.
A Research Center.
Some very very very big weapons.
a point of jump to other starbases (Remember the game Orion?)
an Ion shield (rem Star Wars?)
A laboratory to forge Neutrino lenses from the inside of a star(from science fiction Romance The Skylark of Space).
To make an emitter of 5th class Forces.
For now no more ideas, maybe tomorrow
VPPB: Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hunbaba

Post by Hunbaba »

War against AI!

SB placed in AI infested system will provide bonus to any activity aimed against AI in system it resides in. Bonus in ship to ship combat, when deploying Genesis war machines, be it space or land based. Its formidable defensive/offensive systems will help thinning AI ranks. For example if 400 AIs can enter system per day, SB can destroy a portion of them each day. How many precisely (or how high bonus will be) will depend upon SB and its armament (other bonus increasing buildings / equipment). Larger, better armed have a potential to do more damage as smaller, poorly defended. Coalition will pay a small fee per AI ship destroyed and SB could build special extension used to salvage AI wrecks destroyed this way. Wrecks will count as tagged by SB, thus cant be salvaged by other pilots.

Each nebula holds a portal to a previously unknown galaxy, either native to AIs or occupied by it. To be rid of AI menace once and for all, it will have to be invaded and all AIs eradicated (or their central unit that commands them destroyed). SB in system with nebula will be required to be used as a staging ground. Removing AIs from a system requires killing all AI space ships by ship to ship combat or Genesis assets and building a defense system that will deal with any later reinforcements (something that could be build by SBs) but deployed only after AI counter hits 0. Second stage is rooting out AIs from all planets, most likely by using Genesis assets.

SBs not involved in struggle against AIs (built in systems without a nebula) can have other ways or generating revenue. Something along the line of opening trade routes (bigger, better equipped SBs can have more or more profitable routes as smaller, poorly designed to accommodate larger trade fleets), safeguarding local space against pirates and salvaging their wrecks, or by mining from astro fields or some other sources. They could also be tasked to manufacture components for AI war effort, such as components for defense systems to safeguard newly liberated systems.

Hopefully this was short enough. :mrgreen:
Slurmewerds
CE Official Supporter

Post by Slurmewerds »

A guild mission store that sends guild members out on mining missions or combat missions, salvage missions or any other mission types that gives credits and xp to players and also gives the guild bank a bonus and it could be leveled and unlocked using guild research points that are aquired after successful missions. Maybe they could be integrated with a players ship staff that still gives personal and guild bonuses, just maybe not as much. I also liked the earlier idea of a games shop on the Promenade so maybe a player could be paid in credits and xp and/or guild tokens which can be used on the starbase Promenade games shop.
Kangaroo

Post by Kangaroo »

Thumbs up to Slur's idea of a guild mission store!

I'm thinking of a star base as a community center for lonely captains.

So how about a flea market? instead of shops, it would have a 8-hour or 24-hour lifetime, once a week or once a month. People could sell things (or services, if you could figure out a way to do that). Rent a table for the day and sell anything, 25 items on your table and replace it when it sells. not just ship gear and resources: what if I could trade gift certificates or festive tokens or rexx dolls? Or I could take a fee to set my extractors for anyone and give them the output.

And we could have a church. Go pray and donate to the collection box, you might get a miracle (locked steel case or your stamina is regenerated). Or of course, you might not.
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

All entries have had 20 Tokens added to their accounts up to THIS post :)

Some cracking great suggestions coming up here. Keep them coming and again if you feel the need to add more to your post, please edit your own thread. I'm book marking this thread for reviewing later in more depth so no wasted suggestions.

Coops
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Cptnemo

Post by Cptnemo »

Guild missions, where a guild can work on completeing missions as a group, like the Anchor Priject ect. but for guilds.
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

I'm with Hunbaba about these being the spearpoint against the AI. With that in mind I suggest (and some of this has already been said)
-new Anchor Projects so that Anchor points can be made
-AI mission NPC (for the genesis mission requests)
-War collection effort, for non-Genesis collection goods. This could either be for the military effort or their families at home. I see it as a combination of Elise Bujold and Lt Quire.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Hodgins

Post by Hodgins »

System wide combat/salvage bonus including AI and Alien