Unrest in Verec-Per

Game Role Playing Storyline news posts from ISN News. Gus Givens and his staff will keep you updated on the latest news and rumours within the Universe.
Gus Givens
CE ISN Reporter

Unrest in Verec-Per

Post by Gus Givens »

by Mike Fingal on Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 am

Hi viewers, I'm Mike Fingal, bringing you all the news from around the galaxies right here, right now. We will shortly be bringing you a report from this years Joycelyn Sun festival, but first, we have disturbing news of civil unrest throughout the Verec-Per galaxy. Over to our roving reporter in the field, Bex Gregory.

HI Mike, I'm here in Hathom and it's true to say that the citizens of Verec-Per are far from happy about the news that settlement licences have been granted in 7 systems throughout their galaxy. The citizens of Nysif have taken to the streets in a show of solidarity and as a sign to the Verec-Per government that the agreement for settlements has not been well received. Many citizens see this as an attack on their honour and an undermining of the values that have governed V-P life for centuries. I asked one of the protesters for his view and here is the reply I was given.

'Excuse me sir, why are you protesting against the settlement agreement?'

'Because we don't want them here. This is a direct attack on our way of life, our honour, and shows
that our government is more interested in making money than keeping its citizens happy'
And that seems to sum up the feelings of all V-P citizens, greed versus honour. I'm not sure what the long term effects of these settlements will have for the people of V-P, but right now the citizens of Eema, Hathom, Oengo, Taieme, Utono, Veryst and Warloro are enraged and the V-P government have a major problem on their hands. This is Bex Gregory reporting from Hathom for ISN, back to you Mike.

Thanks Bex. Well viewers, it seems like the settlement licences have stirred up a whole heap of trouble, but be sure, ISN will keep you constantly updated with all the news from Verec-Per. but now, over to Joycelyn and that wonderful Sun Festival.