Additional jump gate for Furness

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Additional jump gate for Furness

Post by Sparky »

Please can we have a new one around Riangulum near Derren?
I always come out in Blake and then have to cclick through andaround the loop as I call it.
Would be nice to have the option of appearing within it etc.
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
Coops
Site Admin

Re: Additional jump gate for Furness

Post by Coops »

The Gates were crafted through a Massive building project undertaken by the Players - Thoughts folks....
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Well, since your challenge seems to be working well, Coops, why not use a similar system to add additional jumpgates?

1. Make a poll or something to find additional "good" endpoints for the jumpgates.
2. Start a "jumpgate challenge" with multiple stages, for every 10 stages completed (as an example), one jumpgate is added.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Shane747
CE Official Supporter

Post by Shane747 »

I travel between Tornsul(VP) and Yetti(Furnace), incidentally right next to Riangulum,every day sometime twice per day. I don't find any problem with it whatsoever. I use an A4 jumper and get from Blake to Yetti in 1 or 2 clicks.
In my opinion there are more than enough jump gates in the game now.
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

I don't really see a need for this. The gate in Blake is still on the way to the Mining Loop (as I call it :P ), and its current location allows you to take cargo to any of the loop destinations, whereas one to Riangulum in particular would mean more back-tracking. This really seems like an "overly-convenient Anchor Gate", as opposed to the current set-up bringing you to general regions of each galaxy, and along general crossroad systems making them useful for a variety of purposes. I would love to be able to anchor straight to my setts, but I don't really think that makes sense for anyone else, especially if the whole server has to help me make the Shintergates ;)

If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing another Furnace gate added closer to the Super Gate, as at the moment I completely skip over everything closer to Aurelia than Blake because going to those locations would cause me to lose the fuel savings I get from my NEI device.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Shinter wrote:I don't really see a need for this.

True enough, you can certainly get by without any additional jump gates.
Shinter wrote:If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing another Furnace gate added closer to the Super Gate, as at the moment I completely skip over everything closer to Aurelia than Blake because going to those locations would cause me to lose the fuel savings I get from my NEI device.
Wait, what? So you DO see a need for this after all?!? :shock: Can't you pick one answer and then stick with it?!? :lol:

Seriously, though, the exact LOCATION of these assumed additional jump gates may be open for debate, but the POSSIBILITY of adding one or two new ones (requiring a huge concerted effort by the players) isn't something I'd turn down out of hand.
As I said above, a poll or something like that to determine where the majority would like to see a new jump gate might be a good first step - or even a poll to find out whether there is enough interest in getting more jump gates in the first place.
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

though I would never spend the IP on one, isn't that the point of the jump drive navs? I've never used one myself but a large enough one would allow you to jump from blake to Riangulum I would think. The price for not using one is more clicks jumping one system at a time.
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Sukayo
CE Official Supporter

Post by Sukayo »

Jumpdrive navigation - PM/VP ships and implants are giving enough skill to have Jump Drive Navigator (Adv 2) equipped - no extra IP needed.

New gates - why not, but remember what it took to get each gate up. The challenge is easy compared to it ;).
Where to get it. Anywhere from Kirzbach to Pevek feels for me like a nice location to get easier access to this area.

For that we need possible some more info to decide how close a gate can be to another gate, so that jump destinations are unique and they to not interfere. 150 fuel min between two gates looks like a good distance.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

I fly thru there all the time and I really don't see any need for this whatsoever.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

I would say that the Blake gate meets the needs of the Riangulum traffic. Now if someone were to propose one near Zhukovsky or Kirzach I would get behind that.

Sparky, You could always set your home to Riangulum, jump to Blake, then jump home.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter