Ticker Tape Suggestion

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Clark
CE Official Supporter

Ticker Tape Suggestion

Post by Clark »

I find it frustrating when landing on a planet that the ticker tape is replaced by a graphic that doesn't really do anything useful. Is it possible to replace some of the graphic with the ticker tape or just remove the graphic altogether and just keep the ticker tape.
Zoorland

Re: Ticker Tape Suggestion

Post by Zoorland »

Even when docked at a planet the Header News is still available; in the bottom bar click on the planet (fifth one from the left, the one in between Captain Bio and Captain's Log, that used to lead you to planet info). It opens in a new window and initially only the... "important" ones show up, such as levels gained, GBM contracts opened, and items found while salvaging or searching derelicts, not the random flavor text. But there are two links at the top, Full News Output and Header News Only. Click on Header News Only and it'll change to exactly the output from the news ticker and you'll be able to see all the random flavor text.

For what it's worth, I feel the same way and agree with your suggestion; particularly to just shrink the size of the graphic back to something closer to what it used to be and still show the news ticker. But I really don't see this happening, so... :/
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

I wonder how flexible is new interface...

I play on my phone time to time. I'd like to turn off upper graphic bar entirely (avatar picture/News/Picture of location). It would save me a lot of screen moving :)

However, I bet, we, Excell fans, are minority even here :(
MarcSp

Post by MarcSp »

I concur, the planetary graphic is a waste of space.
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Well this is a relief.
When I saw the headline I thought it was another Rexx Shredd Thredd. :|
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

^ perhaps you were thinking of (or dreaming of) the tape-like string from my Battle Thong
siddharth

Post by siddharth »

i do liked the old headline ticker staying alyes even if we dock to a planet .

wonder if it could even be introdus for VI mode so all old fan of headline ticker could enjoy that once more .
Only truth prevails, not untruth; by the path of truth is laid out, the Divine
way upon which the sages of the past fulfilled their desires, in attaining the supreme
treasure of Truth.
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Rexx Shredd wrote:^ perhaps you were thinking of (or dreaming of) the tape-like string from my Battle Thong
I'd say anyone thinking/dreaming of that is in need of psychological help. In DESPERATE need... :lol:
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.