Events Effects

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
von Wolfenbitten

Re: Events Effects

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

Darakhoranon wrote:
Delandra wrote:maybe we should remove the 'bad' event label and just make them events. so that people do not feel like they are being punished.

'good' events should still have the 'good' label so that people feel rewarded.

Del
Probably a good idea, though I'm not sure whether getting rid of BOTH "good" and "bad" labels wouldn't be even better. If some events are "good", the others will automatically be labeled "bad", even if they're not called that "officially". Still, if the "most common" events were no longer called "bad events", it might help.
Sound psychology, I think.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Locknload

Post by Locknload »

Or maybe just Just rename it to all BAD EVENTS...Have yet to have a Good Event :/
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

How about an Event that says "Your previously scheduled Good Event has turned Bad because Rexx was at your sett" :D

hmmm.... btw, I'll flesh this out and submit it, no need to try to steal my ideas! :evil:
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

maybe time for a little math....
There are 37 levels that can be added to the CAIC, each with a +2% chance for a good event.
Coops stated in the original thread that adding levels to the CAIC would allow you to start to see good events. And that not having one at all means the bad events eventually become unmanageable. We now have the data to confirm both statements.

A CAIC keeps the bad events in the shrug-off category. Adding levels means you will eventually (2%*level chance) see a good event.
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
Darakhoranon
CE Official Supporter

Post by Darakhoranon »

Pablem wrote:A CAIC keeps the bad events in the shrug-off category.
I think THIS should be pointed out very clearly - mainly to new settlement owners, but also to people who didn't join in this discussion/got the wrong idea about settlement events and the CAIC.
The really important part here is that the CAIC turns events into something similar to pirate attacks (i.e. you install the appropriate "counter" and then essentially ignore them), but it's very easy to get the (false) idea that events are "supposed" to be beneficial with relatively little work...
With great power comes the great realization that you can have just as much fun simply annoying each other.
Elkhorn
CE STAFF
CE STAFF

Post by Elkhorn »

So, I have a nice history to look back on now.
CAIC installed. Levels 8, 7, 7,
14%, 12%, 12%
Events
4 positive
9 negative
Haven't noticed anything that caused an Aw Shucks moment. Morale is easily recovered, credit loss is negligible, SRP is an owie, but not a game buster.
Overall the Settlement Events haven't causes any issues.
By the way, never had an "empty" event.
Rule of Acquisition #1 Once you have their money...never give it back!
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Elkhorn wrote:So, I have a nice history to look back on now.
CAIC installed. Levels 8, 7, 7,
14%, 12%, 12%
Events
4 positive
9 negative
Haven't noticed anything that caused an Aw Shucks moment. Morale is easily recovered, credit loss is negligible, SRP is an owie, but not a game buster.
Overall the Settlement Events haven't causes any issues.
By the way, never had an "empty" event.

Hee Hee Hee...I got ya beat on Negative Events.....Still -- as you say --- Nothing Earth Shattering and I still like the fact that Setts just dont have to sit there.....Good Stuff all the way around