Fabrication Warehouse

Make a suggestion & let the community sound it out. Almost all the best activities in game came initially from a player suggestion!
Sparky
CE Official Supporter

Re: Fabrication Warehouse

Post by Sparky »

I think that this is a brilliant idea.
I was thinking that it is slow doing separate transfers only this morning.
I like to send stuff to my crafting centre but not my standard ore. Long story but the same thred that Elk has picked at, rocks!
Well done matey excellent idea.
Like the option offered by Del too.

Good work one and all!

Any more thoughts on Coops sending Mechs around to sort out my housework??
If at first you don't find a mission ore, try and try again :)
von Wolfenbitten

Post by von Wolfenbitten »

I think this would be a pointless waste of programming time.
Put a GBM on your sett, problem solved.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
Holiday
CE Official Supporter

Post by Holiday »

I don't know how many times I've seen something like this suggested, I've always wanted more flexibility when transporting goods. If I remember right, in the past the reason behind there only being a transport all option, or transporting everything individually was due to the risk of losing resources in a transfer. Meaning the current system is in place because it is the most secure and relyable way to transfer goods, even though it can be a real pain in the butt. I don't know if this is still the case, if not it would be an amazing addition to the game; the most common complaint with CE I've heard is how much redundant clicking there is, and this would for sure fall into this category. :)
Holiday
Founder of Tombstone in Tornsul
proprietor of The VP Mercantile
almost allways mostly sober...sometimes
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Holiday would be correct, even with the best will in the world, selective transfers from a possible list of 658 item types is a recipe for disaster. We have to code the option for 'everyone' and whilst it would be fine for those of you with smaller CS stores or those on super fast connections close to the European servers it will be woefully problematic for those with LARGE CS stores and slow connections or connections that have a habit of flaking out.

Hell even those with super fast connections suffer from their wife playing music, downloading her favourite albums and playing face book games, whilst watching Youtube WHILST I try code - (/me looks over should at the wife). Having a failure on a selective transfer of this type would be very problematic.

Sure we can use ajax type refresh script's but it won't stop the issue for some of you and those 'few' will use the option regardless of how many 'warnings' we place on screen. This WILL lead to losses and bugs which read 'Waaaaa I lost my goods, not sure how many, but I want them back, not sure what I ticked but sure its not there' - leaving us (well me)with a major headache.

Would I like to offer a selective transfer on 658 rows of data SURE I would, can I in all faith say it would be totally safe... Nope.

Coops

P.S book mark this reply for next time its asked :)
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
von Wolfenbitten

Just to reiterate MY solution to this "problem":

Put a GBM on your sett; problem solved.
Formula 1 - the Pinnacle of Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Political Backstabbing, and hypocritical whining on Wheels. [imho]
pikolinianita

Post by pikolinianita »

von Wolfenbitten wrote:Just to reiterate MY solution to this "problem":

How GBM solve that problem?
von Wolfenbitten

pikolinianita wrote:
von Wolfenbitten wrote:Just to reiterate MY solution to this "problem":

How GBM solve that problem?
Simple.
The original "problem" was that factory production and other stuff had to be moved to market somewhere else, without sending out the raw materials needed by the factories.
While the thread morphed into a general whine about transporting "all" or "some", the fact is that having your factories on the same sett with a GBM solves the "problem."
I, also, have two setts, but I never have this "problem" because one has the factories and a GBM, whilst the other simply feeds the first one.