Why were we exiled?

General Discussions about Core-Exiles and pretty much anything off-topic. All we ask when posting, is that you remember we have a family audience.
Jager 602
CE Official Supporter

Why were we exiled?

Post by Jager 602 »

I've been wondering what got my character exiled from the Core, considering that it's the pivotal event for all of us beginning our new lives in the Sphere. Has anyone else thought about it? First time I did, 'level 8 thought deviance' came to mind, though I can't really define it (something to do with being left-handed, I think). Anyone ever wondered what they did to get exiled?
A plaque on both your horses.
Shinter
Retired Staff

Re: Why were we exiled?

Post by Shinter »

Asking too many questions... :P
Pablem
CE Official Supporter

Post by Pablem »

Shinter has it in a nutshell.
We didn't fit in like nice sheep in the pasture is how I recollect the relocation orders. I'm sure the orders were worded differently, but I tend to remember the gist of the message and not the letter. (that's what got me into trouble in the first place)
So the shepherds sent us out to the frontier where we can be a buffer between the Core and everything "not Core". Very civilized of them that we are only exiled.
And they even gave us a choice between a ship and a land-holding stake. Can you imagine how boring and monotonous life limited to a single planet would be?
Shipbuilder Pablem Chief Entrepreneur, Citrus Enterprises
HQ located at Citrus Pass, Tig
Career Crafter
sidewinder fang
Retired Staff

Post by sidewinder fang »

Well I kind of imagine the core as being similar to north korea, except they're slightly nicer in that they apparently exile anyone who doesn't fit their perfect little cookie cutter mold and follow the rest of the sheep, rather than shooting them.

For me personally i expect it was a certain rebellious attitute, coupled with perhaps some sexual deviancy. :P
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

You are all looking at this pessimistically...The Glass is half FULL, not half EMPTY: What really happened is that all of you were drawn to the incredible power of my awesomeness ( and abs ). You were all eager to leave the Core and yearned to be within the sphere of influence of my greatness.....
some of you even go out of your way and try to look under my loin cloth to get a peek at the good stuff.

Not only is this logical, but it is completely understandable
Shinter
Retired Staff

Post by Shinter »

Rexx Shredd wrote:You are all looking at this pessimistically...The Glass is half FULL, not half EMPTY: What really happened is that all of you were drawn to the incredible power of my awesomeness ( and abs ). You were all eager to leave the Core and yearned to be within the sphere of influence of my greatness.....
some of you even go out of your way and try to look under my loin cloth to get a peek at the good stuff.

Using that logic, all of those of us who were exiled before you were were clearly trying to escape your "influence" :P
Coops
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Rexx Shredd wrote:You are all looking at this pessimistically...The Glass is half FULL, not half EMPTY: What really happened is that all of you were drawn to the incredible power of my awesomeness ( and abs ). You were all eager to leave the Core and yearned to be within the sphere of influence of my greatness.....

Certainly explains a LOT ! :roll:
A Walk in the Woods helps me relax and release the tension from a hard day at the code.
The fact that I'm dragging a body behind me should be irrelevant!
Rexx Shredd

Post by Rexx Shredd »

Shinter wrote:

Using that logic, all of those of us who were exiled before you were were clearly trying to escape your "influence" :P

Not true -- you were all "prophets" spreading the good news and cheer of my coming......This is why all those ARKs were set up in Furnace (ARK stands for Amazing Rexx's Kingdom)

blessed are all of you <rexx benediction hand raise a.k.a. "Thumbs Up">

Can I get an "Amen"??
aRJay
CE Official Supporter

Post by aRJay »

Rexx Shredd wrote:
Can I get an "Amen"??
I believe there are some around this corner.

33°29'41.0"N 82°01'23.3"W

;)
Lvl 114: Settlement Diaspar (L6): Guild Intelliquest

"For scientific leadership, Scott; for swift and efficient travel, Amundsen; but when you are in a hopeless situation, when there seems to be no way out, get on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
Arnica

Post by Arnica »

sidewinder fang wrote:Well I kind of imagine the core as being similar to north korea, except they're slightly nicer in that they apparently exile anyone who doesn't fit their perfect little cookie cutter mold and follow the rest of the sheep, rather than shooting them.

For me personally i expect it was a certain rebellious attitute, coupled with perhaps some sexual deviancy. :P

North Korea has the strange perspective of not wanting to cut off (and use in disgusting manner) intimate parts of their bodies. Since most of us are more than willing to carve ourselves up to place implants in game, perhaps Sidewinder Fang has part of the answer. I wonder how many of us exiles have chosen to remain "human" and reject implants. Snargs would be OK since no "modifying" is needed.

Edit: Verecian ships would be OK too, if you allow that instead of "jacking in" you are more like the navigators in the Dune books. No carving of body, instead extreme environment changes.